Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Car Space

Options
  • 05-02-2006 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

just wondering has anyone experienced this i have recently moved into a apartment complex it is 5 years old there is shared parking but it has also an underground private secure parking facilty which i was told residents when they where originally buying in the complex where given the option of paying 6 grand for a parking spot by the looks of things no one really opted for this and at most there is ever o4-5 cars down there ... in the shared parking it can be hard to find a spot...if anyone in similar situations buying 2nd hand apartment ever approached the maintenance company about buying a spot what are the chances of getting it less thenm the original price considering the lack of demand?? and do u think purchasing a car space you would get the money back when selling i.e is it going add 6 grand extra to sale price of your apartment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I can assure you if being sold still it will cost you more not less. I'd be surprised if they will still sell them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not necessarily.
    Circumstances change.
    Our management company has a similar scheme in place (i.e. a limited number of designated parking spaces and a much larger carpark with a free-for-all.)
    One item on the agenda at our AGM this year, is the allocation of the free parking to specific houses (i.e. one spot per house and free for all in the remaining spaces, or renting the spaces seperately on a designated basis).

Re: paying 6000 for a parking space- you are doing very well there. In Lucan village (nowhere near the city centre) the current rate for renting (not buying) a parking space is 2000 per annum.

Advertisement