Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are Quinn Direct like?

Options
  • 05-02-2006 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I just got a quote of €1116 off Quinn Direct, the next best was off AXA at €1247. Does anyone know if Quinn Direct let your partner on your insurance for free like AXA do if they are over 25 as herself wants to drive....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

*cough* Ring them *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

*cough* Its Sunday and I got the quote online *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

hate that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Does anyone know if Quinn Direct let your partner on your insurance for free like AXA do if they are over 25 as herself wants to drive....

They covered my partner for free anyhow - we're both over 25...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Cucullan wrote:
    I just got a quote of €1116 off Quinn Direct, the next best was off AXA at €1247. Does anyone know if Quinn Direct let your partner on your insurance for free like AXA do if they are over 25 as herself wants to drive....

When I was with AXA I added my girlfriend to the policy and my insurance dropped by 15%!!! Didn't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

I asked them last year how much it would cost to add someone to my policy for two weeks & they said it would be cheaper to add her permanently! Turned out to be free in the end which I thought was a good deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Quinn Direct are cheap but my jaysis god help you if your in an accident, would never touch em with a barge pole after my encounters with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah its very hard to put in a claim with quinn direct they donot pay out easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

drdre wrote:
    yeah its very hard to put in a claim with quinn direct they donot pay out easily.

They did for me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

drdre wrote:

So 'yer fecked if someone with a Quinn policy crashes into you', as opposted to 'yer fecked if ya get insured with Quinn' ?

I'm insured with Quinn myself, never had to even contact them though so cant really comment on them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I have a Quinn policy mainly because it was cheap. I'd prefer not to be insured by them.

My car previously belonged to my father. He transferred his policy on which I was named (Quinn also) to his new car and I got a quote for a new policy. Due to double indemnity he need to move the policy before I could request the new one to be applied. The feckless idiot from Quinn told him that I would be fine driving the car for a day or so during the changeover. I'd like to see what they would have said if there was a crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The problem with them is they pay out far to easy. If you are in the right they may think it is easier to pay out the other guys claim and f**k over your NCB, without fully investigating the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They might even drop your premium if you add a woman to the policy, assuming she hasn't got loads of penalty points and a provisional licence ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

Cucullan wrote:

Go with Axa. Quinn Direct's claim service is dreadful and if you have a claim, you'll learn why they are cheaper. They're like Ryanair, except you don't know you're going to be landed 60 miles away from where you want to go!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Claiming is dreadful, policy is cr*p as well. Loads of little in and out so they don't have to pay you feck all. I paid an extra 100 last year to stay with FBD because there policy is great. Just got a quote from them and because I stayed with them last year the quote is down 480 quid this year! NICE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I have a policy with Quinn, and i have 4 years NCB with them as well.

But as soon as i can get a quote around the same price as quinn i will be gone....... hopefully to someone like AXA etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Them Quinn feckers wont cover convertibles! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Dunno why you are thinking AXA are the be all. I find them the greatest shower of wa*kers next to Quinn Direct. Axa wanted me to be 30 to insure the car I actually own even though I've a 5 years NCB.

I found Hibernian pretty good to negotiate with for discounts and got 400 quid off my premium this year by shopping around and then going back to them and I even have 4 points.

Green man or whatever your name is, you should be able to get a quote elsewhere at this stage with a 4 years NCB if your car is a Pug 206 as per your sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

yes that is my car at the mo................

it is just that i have heard so many horror stories about trying to get a claim from them..........plus the fact some of their staff are totally stupid

For example i called to say i got a body kit fitted to the car and to let them know incase i had to pay extra for the cover as i did not weant them turning down a claim because i had not told them of any alterations to the car, the bloke on the phone says " ah sure it doesn't really matter we just go by the value of the car",
    i again got this response when i called to let them know about my 17" alloys.

I would bet the minute something happens to the car, (hopefully not), that they will refuse to pay out and the excuse will be " you never informed us of any changes to your car"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Buttony

I was with them for years, I only stayed because they were by far the cheapest. I never had a claim so not sure how that works. They don't cover windscreens, are hard to deal with on the phone, you may have to ring 5 times to get a change to your policy and there reputation is fairly poor. they tried to up my car to a higher cc bracket after insuring the same car for 2 years before that. Had to ring them about 10 times about it and eventually they realised yep they were wrong

Thats why I changed to Allianz.

• Advertisement

I'll be going to Axa after all, they rang me today (shock :eek: horror) and said they'd insure me for €1130 which is good. I'm 26 and driving a 2l diesel mondeo so its as cheap as I'm going to get and they have an office in town which is handy, Quinn don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Cucullan wrote:
    and said they'd insure me for €1130 which is good. I'm 26 and driving a 2l diesel mondeo so its as cheap

It's not really that cheap.. have you points? I'd still shop around.

I've rang 8 diffenant places all the same €1350ish only Axa and Quinn were a bit cheaper. I've no points, 4 years no claim, if I had to have 5 years no claims I could have got it for €900 but I don't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cucullan wrote:
    I'll be going to Axa after all, they rang me today (shock :eek: horror) and said they'd insure me for €1130 which is good. I'm 26 and driving a 2l diesel mondeo so its as cheap as I'm going to get and they have an office in town which is handy, Quinn don't.

How many years no claims? I paided less for a 1.9Tdi Passat and details are more or less the same as yours

I've 4 years no claims, 2 years in my own name and 2 years for being a named driver for on my dads insurance for 5 years. That figure is for fully comp so I don't think I'll get it much cheaper

Advertisement