Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mcateer on tubridy

• 05-02-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see Jason McAteer on Tubridy, if anyone helped me make up my mind that keano was right it was this muppet.

He laughed off the training conditions saying they were all happy to be there and it wasnt that big of a deal!

You'd know he was happy to be there cause he hadnt a hope of getting a game with England 'B'. Having seen Ikeano and read the book my mind is fully convinced keane is the ultimate professional, and had right to complain. Weather being sent home/ or going himself, did go far. But with attitude like McAteer's no wonder irish football is the way it is. All he and 'some' others want is a piss up.

Lets pray his dreams of becoming Irish manager dont come through.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Didn't McAteer con Mick into taking him when he wasn't fit to kick a ball in WC2002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

zabbo wrote:
    Didn't McAteer con Mick into taking him when he wasn't fit to kick a ball in WC2002
    Ah here we go............ Did mick make sure all the players were checked by pyhsio and medical team before they left.

I have played for Irish disabled team and missed out on a trip cause I failed a medical.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The thing that bothers me is McAteer has said that he wants to manage Ireland one day,the clown's in the FAI will probably give the donkey a go at the job as he would be "cheap".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

did he do his patented intelligent hands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Talk about over reaction. Mcateer, while laughing off the whole thing 4 YEARS AGO, gave the impression, that yes, it IS IN THE PAST, that things werent ideal, but they got on with in. He commented that camaraderie was always a vital factor in Ireland relative success, and without it, they were nothing. Just because one wánker let his personal feeling toward a manager get the better of him, doesnt mean that the entire squad should have suffered. Thats my view on the matter, and no matter how many insulst are thrown at me, thats the way it stays.

Ultimate professional my hole.

On a side note, I felt it was one of the most disjointed interviews I have ever seen. Tubridy didnt seem to have any plan and the interview was completely stop/start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I hate Tubridy but you have to give the show credit as he pulls in some good guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

gimmick wrote:
    Talk about over reaction. Mcateer, while laughing off the whole thing 4 YEARS AGO, gave the impression, that yes, it IS IN THE PAST, that things werent ideal, but they got on with in. He commented that camaraderie was always a vital factor in Ireland relative success, and without it, they were nothing. Just because one wánker let his personal feeling toward a manager get the better of him, doesnt mean that the entire squad should have suffered. Thats my view on the matter, and no matter how many insulst are thrown at me, thats the way it stays.

On a side note, I felt it was one of the most disjointed interviews I have ever seen. Tubridy didnt seem to have any plan and the interview was completely stop/start.
    Someone from cork against Keane, thats a first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Having seen Ikeano and read the book my mind is fully convinced keane is the ultimate professional

LMFAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dcully wrote:
    LMFAO

I'll second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gimmick wrote:
    Just because one wánker let his personal feeling toward a manager get the better of him, doesnt mean that the entire squad should have suffered. Thats my view on the matter, and no matter how many insulst are thrown at me, thats the way it stays.

Did you ever hear of the genesis report ? You are entitled to your opinion but in this instance placing all the blame on Keane is blatently wrong. You'll find very few soccer supporters of any persuasion argue that Keane was not the ultimate professional.

This issue has been argued to death here I don't see the point in reigniting it as there is never going to be uniform consensus on the issue.

When you use language like you have done to describe the greatest player this country has ever produced it is more than likely gointg to end up in yet more arguments, or is that the intention?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Lets not get into it, we wont agree.
    dbnavan wrote:
    Someone from cork against Keane, thats a first.

:D meh. You'd be surprised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

I'm a big fan of Keanes perspective on the conditions but in fairness I wouldnt base my opinion on anything mcateer says as he's roundly considered to be incredibly stupid. I believe there's plenty of evidence out there to support that as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Dub13 wrote:
    The thing that bothers me is McAteer has said that he wants to manage Ireland one day,the clown's in the FAI will probably give the donkey a go at the job as he would be "cheap".

ffs, I could have got that job if I went in and showed them my championship manager save game (I wouldn't tell them I cheated ;))

Put money on him now to be the next ireland manager, cause if he goes for it he'll get it...unless there's a lower bidder.

Advertisement