Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser dryer beside the fridge/freezer

Options
  • 05-02-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hey folks,

can anyone confirm if it is a very bad idea to put a condenser dryer beside the fridge/freezer in the utility room... does the dryer get very hot on outside and if so this would reduce efficiency of fridge... suppose my question is do condenser dryers get hot on outside and do they heat the surrounding area or do they stay cool? has anyone any experience of these things?

thanks for any advice, mica

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They do belt out heat , yes , but remember fridges are supposed to operate up to 40c ambient . Can you not put the dryer beside the washing machine instead and put the fridge a few feet away

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

Hi Spongebob,

thanks for that... it's so long since I've been near a tumble dryer I forgot how warm they get and you're right, we'd be better off having it away from the fridge/freezer...I don't want to be driving up our bill as the fridge will use more energy to keep the temperature low...doh!

I'll have to order a silver dryer instead to solve this problem as now it will have to go in kitchen instead and the white one would stick out like sore thumb...no biggie, we caught this one in time! thanks again,

mica ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭shayg1971

From an energy efficiency perspective, the kitchen (or at any rate a living space) is not a bad spot for a condenser dryer. The condensers tend to be very efficient at removing the moisture and the heat they pump out is very dry. It will heat the room very effectively when its on. Ours is in a utility room adjacent to the kitchen and when we have it running I ensure the door between the rooms is open.

Just the noise to contend with...

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

Okay a bit of extra heat won't ever go amiss! But the noise...! Guess you can't win them all! But I think we will use the washing machine more anyway, so the noise of that will annoy me more than the dryer which we won't use as much hopefully.

I'm going to order everything in silver so we can move them around if we wish. Its quite a small kitchen space so we won't have that much room to manoeuvre. cheers for the feedback! mica :)

Advertisement