Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waste disposal -Insinkerator

Options
  • 05-02-2006 2:35pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

am getting the insinkerator waste disposal system for a new kitchen and was wondering what one to get.

There's the ISE 65 and ISE 75.

has anyone got either and which is more applicable for family use.

details of them can be seen here
    thx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

does anyone have any info on these ??

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Whilst looking at Kitchen's one guy i spoke to swears by these and actually showed me his in operation..very quiet and seem effective enough for tea bags/veg and the like. He said his wife would not do without one now and would reccomend them.

I may consider one for our kitchen but need to check compatibility with belfast sinks?

I have seen them in the UK for £192 [for the ISE65] -see link http://www.homecreations.co.uk/acatalog/ise.htm

I know - had one when in the States.
    Really worth it.

I'm sure they can be used with Belfast sinks.
    EDIT - they have extended flanges just under each item for sinks 20mmto 50mm.

Would the 65 be enough for a 4 person family - would the 75 be too big ??

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Well I can only comment on what I have seen in operation and that was the '65. I don't think the 75 would be too big [as in powerfull] it's just depends on budget really but I reckon the 65 would do the job well.

was having a look around and found this great yet simple article on how to install a waste diposal unit.

Very good indeed - based on a USA install but very relevant.

http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/kitchen/disposer/new/install.htm

Also found out Home Creations only ship to the North - bummer

Plenty of other places

• Advertisement
Advertisement