Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths mock = hard

• 05-02-2006 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm fairly useless at maths, but even accounting for that I thought that the mock paper one in higher level was very tough. For those who have done it, did any of you find it similarly difficult or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I've got paper one coming up soon, what was on it and what was so difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cdak68

I'm not sure if this will work, but I'll try to attatch the paper.

I should point out that we've quite a bit of the course to finish, so that was one reason I found it hard.

I'm not sure if all mock papers are the same, though so I wouldn't be certain you'll get this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

i didnt get that paper 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

what was different about ur paper1? i thought most of them were nearly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

it just wasnt the same as dat 1. prob a different company thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I jus realise my teachers are makin up the paper! dey predicted the papers last year and wat they said came up!screwed for maths!ahhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

d4gurl wrote:
    I jus realise my teachers are makin up the paper! dey predicted the papers last year and wat they said came up!screwed for maths!ahhh!!!!

They predicted that, Those are some good teachers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its not one person who makes up the paper, theres a bunch of people on the commitee and they all subit different questions and some get picked.

My French teacher did the 1999 French Higher Level Paper, but wont give us hints, but will tell us if her stuff got selected this year when we come out of the exam in june.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

if last years exam is anything to go by, i'd be expecting an easy enough paper this time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Back in the day i got 30~ in my mocks for H. Math and got a b1 or b2 cant remember now in the Cert, so dont take it as the end.

• Advertisement

i got the same paper as cdek68. id say i failed badly cause i didnt realise u had posted the paper up. i have paper two on thursday - would u mind postin it up?

belinea06 wrote:
    i got the same paper as cdek68. id say i failed badly cause i didnt realise u had posted the paper up. i have paper two on thursday - would u mind postin it up?

I second that.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Anyone doing Ordinary Level?

cdek - could u please post up paper 2 - i have it on thursday. thanks

sorry, I haven't had it yet. I'll try to post it tomorrow (after I fail it, that is:o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ublinina2

Which question on that paper above did you find the most difficult?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

TimAy wrote:
    if last years exam is anything to go by, i'd be expecting an easy enough paper this time around

Aye, seems likely. Easy paper, marked somewhat hard, I would imagine, to get the A quota at what it's supposed to be..

Funny thing is, the Leaving Certs from last year in my school got a really easy mock, and then were horrified by the real thing. We had a pretty tough mock, so I can't see the actual paper being worse..:)

paper 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

:( helping out cheaters :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

cdak68 wrote:
    paper 2

are both the paper1, and two you posted up, higher, or ordinary?

• Advertisement

it's a mock exam - one of the the most ridiculous wastes of money one can endure during secondary school. I don't think they should be legitimised in any way whatsoever. all they do is stop us from studying for our orals - which are actually important.

I know its a mock, but is it higher, or pass level? the ones you posted up.

higher - i was responding to the post above yours. Remember there are 4 different mocks, though, so it's by no means particularly likely you'll get this.

Thank ****, im doing pass, thought i was in for a shocker tomoro :o:v:

You rock cdak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

cdak68 wrote:
    I'm not sure if this will work, but I'll try to attatch the paper.

I should point out that we've quite a bit of the course to finish, so that was one reason I found it hard.

I'm not sure if all mock papers are the same, though so I wouldn't be certain you'll get this one.
    As a matter of interest,what company did that paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 donegal lassie

all i know is dat it isnt the smae company that prints my papers!! :-(

Advertisement