Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber stickers to stop kitchen presses banging

Options
  • 05-02-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can buy these things. They're self adhesive clear rubber discs about 8mm in diameter and 2mm thick. You stick two on the inside of the doors of kitchen presses & they dampen the bang when you shut them. I've seen them installed but not for sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

They usually come with cash & carry kitchen's and the like Not sure where you can get them You could try a company called Wurth I think they're based in Limerick Google them for a number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Cheers, Wurth are on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick alright, might chance them.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

You should be able to source these in any of the DIY outlets, Woodies, In-House, Noyeks, Athlantic Homecare, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I bought these recently in B&Q (I know, I know - but it does have it's uses) they were around the kitchen section - in a packet of about 100 for a few €

p.s. the little dampers they have are cool - I bought in Noyeks. They go into a 10 or 12mm hole on the top and bottom of the carcass (don't buy the screw-on holders, not worth the money) and no matter how hard you close the door it won't slam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

stevec wrote:
    I bought these recently in B&Q (I know, I know - but it does have it's uses) they were around the kitchen section - in a packet of about 100 for a few €

p.s. the little dampers they have are cool - I bought in Noyeks. They go into a 10 or 12mm hole on the top and bottom of the carcass (don't buy the screw-on holders, not worth the money) and no matter how hard you close the door it won't slam!

Dampers come built into the carcass, right? Can you get ones that you can fit yourself if the carcass doesn't haver them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

I got the dampers supplied by Noyeks, plus the holders as I'm not exactly greeat with a drill. They ran about €3.50 each and are really effective, they've taken the wind out of dinner-time strops in our house :p

You can buy the dampers on their own, in which case you drill a hole in the front edge of the carcass and push it in (much more neat imo), or you can buy a holder for it and it screws onto the inner edge of the carcass. The maker is Blum and I think the damper is called "Blumatic" or something.

The only thing is that you get used to them very quickly and when you are working in someone else's kitchen that doesn't have them, you tend to slam doors a lot more!.

B.

Benster wrote:
    they've taken the wind out of dinner-time strops in our house :p
    B.
    IMHO people really underestimate the influence that small details like this in your living environment have on your overall hapiness & quality of life. By eliminating all innocent sources of annoyance from ones living space you can make a huge impact on how well everyone gets on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That'll be them...

I made a jig from a scrap piece of angle ali and drilled a 10mm hole in one side. Just went around the units and drilled straight in with the 10mm bit using the guide - really quick, no measuring or marking needed.

Advertisement