Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

liverpool vs chelsea (may contain scores) ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Story of the last few games Tusky tbh... keep saying it here:

Plenty of chances + Good general play + Not many goals = Problem with strike force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Offside for Crespo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

NoelRock wrote:
    Story of the last few games Tusky tbh... keep saying it here:

Plenty of chances + Good general play + Not many goals = Problem with strike force.

When your top scorer is your right wiger theres something wrong alright..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tusky wrote:
    When your top scorer is your right wiger theres something wrong alright..

Chelseas top scorer is a midfielder too , whats your point?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OH thats that, off side!! Phew......

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Liverpool are playing ok, aren't creating any real chances, just getting near the goal lots, although Carra really shoulda scored.

Liverpool are playing a tight game, and once Crespo and Robben cop the **** on and stay onside, and just beat Carragher and Hypia for pace, there will be another goal. I imagine just after the break aswell, unless Benetiz fixes it.

Offside goal again just as I'm writing it. All good calls by the linesman again, but once again Zonal marking doesn't work against a highly trained team, and at least one of those decesions will go against them. Liverpool are giving too much space, and they have really gotta get it together.

great call! Thank god.

So the pool concede half the amount of goals that the second place team have and the same amount as the top team and Zonal marking is suddenly a problem . Get a grip.

KdjaC wrote:
    Chelseas top scorer is a midfielder too , whats your point?

kdjac

That the Liverpool strikers dont score enough, do you disagree ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Zonal marking is the problem when it comes up against top teams. Top teams can beat the system, and if Liverpool don't do it perfectly, which they clearly aren't doing, they concede goals.
    It'll win against the ****e teams, and is probably better against worse teams, but against top teams, it gets found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

So the pool concede half the amount of goals that the second place team have and the same amount as the top team and Zonal marking is suddenly a problem . Get a grip.

As PHB said - quality teams can exploit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well something's not right when the whole team trotts out and leaves 4 chelsea players standing in the 6 yard box, lineing up to have a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Utd's tactics are infallible didn't you know.

Same story as usual: all Liverpool, lots of missed opportunities, sucker punch, close up shop, counterattack; will finish 2-0.

I'd love to see how Chelsea would manage without Terry holding their backline together though.

Grow up lads, if ye want to pick holes in what was the joint best defence in the premiership before todays games then at least try something original and stop just quoting from Sky Sports.

Tusky wrote:
    That the Liverpool strikers dont score enough, do you disagree ? :)

Maybe the ones that do look like scoring (and are in scoring form) should be in London and not in Liverpool "training"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

this chelsea team are just a machine, they're fitter than every other team, and every player in every position is quality and so is his back up, and the league table just shows it tbh.

liverpool need several players and another year or 2 under rafa to be able to be confident of beating chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pitiful defending for the goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Still another half to go lads, dont tell me the pool fans have given up ? Although it does put a smile on my face when Liverpool loose, they are playing well and 0-0 it should of being at half time.

I expect to see Luis Garcia before too long in the second half if things don't pick up in front of goal.

Warnock off, Risse to LB, Kewell to LW and Garcia off Crouch.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Grow up lads, if ye want to pick holes in what was the joint best defence in the premiership before todays games then at least try something original and stop just quoting from Sky Sports.

They do have a point though.When the zonal marking doesnt work it looks like really slack defending.Its cost you six points now(heres hoping:D )against both your nearest rivals.

And whats with all these"Liverpool are all over them etc etc" posts?
    Talk about rose tinted glasses.

Anyway whatever about the pros and cons of zonal marking when its found out it really does look like lazy defending.A bit ike trying to play offside instead of tracking your man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Well I backed the draw...so I guess that means I'm quietly shouting for Liverpool now.

Just watching the "Tusky" video link, it looks like a middle east/gulf state station, should'nt they be burning flags or something? ;)

Mike.

link gone a bit crap. This one is much better but no english com.

ppstream - ppstream://218.16.123.220:22222/FOMIOIUT27CZRN7NKXC2SHULLB5V73PO

2-0. Kinda glad Tusky's link died for me a minute ago...

2-0 bad defending for both balls, trying to play offside when your ten foot away from the other CB.

Should be 3 he was never off for that lob.

kdjac

Mr. Fowler is probably jogging towards London in desperation...

Sh1te, that is that. More defensive lapses.

Mike.

There goes that bet. Bloody Liverpool.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Why the hell do they keep trying to step up and play offside instead of just keeping goalside. It's not like Crespo is a bloody sprinter. It's horrible to watch and never works 100%

Just watching a clearance from LB and it illustrated part of the problem, there was no-one in the middle (ie Didi) to offer the ball to so it was lumped up front straight to Cech. Cisse coming on as is Duff. Cole off and Sissoko.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Cisse on for Sissoko, Gerrard to play in centre with Cisse on the right I suppose.

Duff off again! Gudjohnsen on.

Mike.

Ah wtf Reina...

Has to be red........

Stupid stupid tackle

kdjac

Reina lost the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Looks like liverpool aren't the team the fans think they are

nice goal by crespo!

And its red

Reina off for trying to tackle

kdjac

Assume he misses the FA cup tie now- he could have got a straight red for the tackle also.

KdjaC wrote:
    Reina off for trying to tackle

kdjac

Didn't look like he was trying to tackle - looked like adrenaline really took over...he could've went back ages before the tackle.

• Advertisement

NoelRock wrote:
    Didn't look like he was trying to tackle - looked like adrenaline really took over...he could've went back ages before the tackle.

Sent off for raising his hands....can't do it....nothing to do with "trying to tackle". There can be no argument.

Speechless. Who'll play in goal?

He was carded for responding to a Blue, he got the ball cleanly enough.

3 match ban, Dudek will be happy.

Mike.

fade2black wrote:
    Sent off for raising his hands....can't do it....nothing to do with "trying to tackle". There can be no argument.

Why are you quoting me? I'm not arguing with it at all.

Looks like liverpool aren't the team the fans think they are

nice goal by crespo!

troll.

I hope Robbens throat is ok, that was a nasty rub Reina gave him. If I was a cynical person I'd say he was trying to get him sent off.

mike65 wrote:
    Speechless. Who'll play in goal?

He was carded for responding to a Blue, he got the ball cleanly enough.

3 match ban, Dudek will be happy.

Mike.

Fair enough. Lads on commentary are saying different (RE: scissor kick). It was still a stupid, stupid tackle.

...Perversely I'm kinda happy for Dudek too - he needs some play, what with the WC looming and all.

• Advertisement

NoelRock wrote:
    Why are you quoting me? I'm not arguing with it at all.

Sorry mate...meant to quote the guy you quoted...

Why was Duff taken off ?

fade2black wrote:
    Sorry mate...meant to quote the guy you quoted...

No problem. Sorry, I'm as frustrated as Reina is/was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stekelly wrote:
    I hope Robbens throat is ok, that was a nasty rub Reina gave him. If I was a cynical person I'd say he was trying to get him sent off.

We've seen other players labelled as thugs for similar. He raised his hands he had to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

what the hell are people talking about? reina did well to get the ball AFTER gudjonson handled it!

chelsea players are like ballet dancers the way they fall.

by the way, lampard better than gerrard? didnt even know he was playing till a friend mentioned him a min ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement