Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go Clubbing?

Options
  • 05-02-2006 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Okay i'll be visiting Limerick soon and would like some help as to where to go pubbing/clubbing? Somewhere safe (not saying that Limerick isn't). Just everywhere has their bad areas i'd like to steer clear of

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Nickibaby* wrote:
    Okay i'll be visiting Limerick soon and would like some help as to where to go pubbing/clubbing? Somewhere safe (not saying that Limerick isn't). Just everywhere has their bad areas i'd like to steer clear of
    Any of the pubs/clubs in the city center are safe. As to where to go it depends what your are looking for there are quite a few.
    Trendy bars:
    Old Quarter
    Smyths
    Mojos
    Cornmarket
    Red Rooms
    Nancy blakes
    Harris's - its a bit older but nice
    The Bank- bit older too

Student bars:
    Molly Malones
    Mc Daids

for gigs try dolans, dolans.ie

clubs:
    Trinity rooms
    Icon
    Claws
    the Market - bit of a kip

The best thing is have a wander around the center of town you wont be long finding a pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

that really sums it up for ya there ^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Theres always Costellos if indie rock is your bag,

Micky martins and the wicked chicken are nice pubs aswell, again indie/student places.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Thanx for the replies, you have giving me a long list.

Would be rude not to try them out seen as though you took the time to write out the list.

Bit of a pub crawl for me so........ :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

the market= bit of a kip???

that's one of the understatements of the year....kinda on a par with saying hitler wasn't a very nice man...

the place reeks of puke..drink is complete ****e and i could go on but it's late and i couldn't be bothered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I think i will be avoiding the market so...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

stay away from charlies too, its the equivalent of the market but a pub. good cocktails there though, thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the market is a hole,trinity rooms is full of wannabe orange girls shrieking at each other whilst downing blue vodka drinks and guys who just look like they stepped out of a tommy hilfiger catalogue,costellos is great is you wanna stay out past pub closing time but cant be arsed putting on decent clothes,watch out for the smoking area though it looks like someplace where travellers fight bareknuckle or something

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I resent the comment about tommy hilfiger in trinity rooms, there's an element of it, i'll give you that, but for the most part it's just ordinary people who want to go someplace after pub/ want to get outta mollys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Still trinity rooms is better than icon......even with the hilfiger brigade.

The smoking area in costellos is a death trap, what happen if there was a fire!! You'd think what with all the fivers fran collects off us he could make a fire escape.

What happened charlies? I hear it's been invaded by underagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

hell yeah, i do promos there sometimes and is like being in a creche. drunk people are fine. drunk 17 and 18 year olds acting childishly are another thing all together! wouldnt touch charlies with yours... there are some good reviews of pubs and clubs in the 'top 3...' thread. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shane2005

Nickibaby* wrote:

What kind of music do you like to listen to when you are out?

The club vinyl crew throw the best nights (IMO) and have one coming up soon, keep an eye on their website. clubvinyl.org

Advertisement