Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Accommodation near UCD

Options
  • 05-02-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not too sure of all the areas with reasonable access routes to UCD that are affordable. Atm I'm considering around Cabinteely, Shankill or Sandyford as they seem affordable and are the areas that I know best around south Dublin. Where else would be within easy commuting distance to UCD and reasonably priced? There will be at least 3 of us living together, all going to UCD but we may be able to convince others to move in too. I just don't know any other areas so any recommendations for other areas to check out?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cabinteely, Shankill or Sandyford would not normally be considered within UCDs catchment area for accomodation.

Areas more normally associated with UCD accomodation would be: Rathmines, Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Donnybrook, Blackrock, Stillorgan, Goatstown- etc.

I'd seriously advise paying the accomodation office in the SU in UCD a visit- they keep a register of properties available- and would be in a good position to give you relevant advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider the traditional student areas of Ranelagh, Rathmines, Rathgar closer to town for nights out and a variety of services / jobs available.

Buses are 10 | 10A | 11 | 11B | 15X | 17 | 2 | 25X | 27X | 3 | 32X | 39B | 39X | 41X | 46A | 46B | 46D | 46N | 46X | 49X | 50X | 58X | 66X | 70X | 77X | 84X |

The "X" routes will only have a few buses a day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement