Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oil Filter on Micra...

Options
  • 05-02-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where abouts the oil filter is on a 2000 Micra, is it at the front or rear of the engine, and on which side. I need to replace it on my mums car, just had a quick look but couldn't see it without jacking it up. I'm sure ill see it straight away once she's up on axle stands but just wondering...

Also, does the registered owner of a car have to be present when bringing the car in for NCT. I don't think I could get away with a female name! I'm almost sure you don't, but just wondering also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

JohnCleary wrote:
    Does anyone know where abouts the oil filter is on a 2000 Micra, is it at the front or rear of the engine, and on which side. I need to replace it on my mums car, just had a quick look but couldn't see it without jacking it up. I'm sure ill see it straight away once she's up on axle stands but just wondering..
    No idea, sorry. Is it a spin on filter or a cartridge type?
    JohnCleary wrote:
    Also, does the registered owner of a car have to be present when bringing the car in for NCT.
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

murphaph wrote:
    No idea, sorry. Is it a spin on filter or a cartridge type?

To be honest im not too sure, never serviced a Micra before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

afaik it should be a screw on type on the back of the block.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't want to sound contrary but if you need to ask - should you be doing it?

kbannon wrote:
    I don't want to sound contrary but if you need to ask - should you be doing it?

Well seeing as its only a simple service im doing, id say yes.
    On my own car ive done: Clutch, Head Gasket, Brake Upgrade, re-wired bits of the loom, regular service bits among other small electric nixors and light bodywork

Somehow I think ill manage an oil change. I was only asking where the filter was as I didnt get a look under the car earlier because it wasnt jacked up and I couldnt see it for the all of 10 seconds that I looked under the bonnet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fair enough then.
    I just didn't get the impression that you were familiar with the procedure when you first posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

it's 2/3 of the way up the back of the block, you can only reach it from underneath, you need stands or a ramp to get in under, nothing else unusual about it, micra's like there frequent oil changes.

kbannon wrote:
    Fair enough then.
    I just didn't get the impression that you were familiar with the procedure when you first posted?

I wasn't familar with the location of the filter as I only had a 10 second look under the bonnet. As I said, im sure I would have spotted it straight away once jacked up on axle stands, I was just wondering if anyone knew off hand where it was located

sirlinux wrote:
    it's 2/3 of the way up the back of the block, you can only reach it from underneath, you need stands or a ramp to get in under, nothing else unusual about it, micra's like there frequent oil changes.

Cheers lad

Advertisement