Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Not Well

Options
  • 05-02-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a bit of an issue with my cat and I'm quite worried and would really appreciate some advice.

I'm worried about my cat Colin. He used to be really energetic, chasing his toys around the house, really affectionate, lively cat. Lately though, he's started moping around the house, he dosen't go out much, and pretty much lazes in one place all day, not motivated to do anything...

Is there something seriously wrong here, or is it that he's hit a mid-life crisis or what? (he's 6)

He feeds normally, but we leave out a tray of cat-nipps for him to snack on, but lately he's started to hit them pretty hard. We are out of the house a lot, so we need to leave it out for him, but he cleans the tray every day.

He's also gotten slightly aggresive and moody...I went to pet him recently and he snarled at me!

How can I help Colin? (Really don't want the vet...very expensive)

I took a photo of him to show you..He really dosen't look well and has let himself go.

Colin

Thanks in advance for help and advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

my cats 15 and is still going strong, best cat in the world

but seriously if you're worried bring him to the vet, asking people here and just giving some details of abnormal behaivour wont really be much use as people here aren't going to be able examine your cat for you :)

hope colins okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

DubGuy wrote:
    Hi, I've a bit of an issue with my cat and I'm quite worried and would really appreciate some advice.

I'm worried about my cat Colin. He used to be really energetic, chasing his toys around the house, really affectionate, lively cat. Lately though, he's started moping around the house, he dosen't go out much, and pretty much lazes in one place all day, not motivated to do anything...

Is there something seriously wrong here, or is it that he's hit a mid-life crisis or what? (he's 6)

He feeds normally, but we leave out a tray of cat-nipps for him to snack on, but lately he's started to hit them pretty hard. We are out of the house a lot, so we need to leave it out for him, but he cleans the tray every day.

He's also gotten slightly aggresive and moody...I went to pet him recently and he snarled at me!

How can I help Colin? (Really don't want the vet...very expensive)

I took a photo of him to show you..He really dosen't look well and has let himself go.

Colin

Thanks in advance for help and advice.

Em, what I dont understand is why youd name the pic "fat cat", im sure you're quite emotional if in fact this is true and wouldnt want to cause yourself anymore "grief" by insulting your cat like that. Also, I thought Id go to Google Images and type in fat cat http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en&q=fat%20cat&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wi

Now, the pic you posted appears twice, which suggests that it is not your cat, and you just typed "fat cat" into Google like I have just done, and then for some reason you have posted the above post.

Doesnt seem genuine to me at all. But then I must ask, why waste your time doing that? Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

xha1r wrote:
    Doesnt seem genuine to me at all. But then I must ask, why waste your time doing that? Oh well.

True,I was gonna say post it humour...but then again it has to be funny to do that.
    If the cat is sick bring him to the vet.

Advertisement