Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking in "Disabled" spaces - why ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im not defending the driver but he may have had a disabled passenger or was going in to collect one - did you see him getting out and back in again?
    However, it is more likely that he was just being lazy bugger in which case I think his employers should know what he is using company property for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

shabbyroad wrote:
    Why ?

Can someone explain why this pig ignorant driver used the last available space ? A driver who actually needed the space had to park on the other side of the car park and get in his wheelchair to access the shops.

Yes. I'll be emailing this pricks employer tonight. "Traffic Solutions" my arse.

05020615076ot.jpg

05020615096ko.jpg

Why don't you do something more worth while and stand at a traffic light junction and take pictures with your mobile phone of people driving through red lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

uber noob. that's the best you could come up with ? really?

must try harder.

Driving down bus lanes is another one you could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

shabbyroad wrote:
    Why ?

Can someone explain why this pig ignorant driver used the last available space ? A driver who actually needed the space had to park on the other side of the car park and get in his wheelchair to access the shops.

Yes. I'll be emailing this pricks employer tonight. "Traffic Solutions" my arse.

05020615076ot.jpg

05020615096ko.jpg

Looks like Tesco Blanch and he robbed my spot the bast**d. I had to park in normal spot then:mad: no impressed at all. I had to walk further then to shops:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Years ago I used to carry stickers and would slap them on the windscreens of offending vehicles. If you don't have a pass to park in a wheelchair spot then don't park their. As was mentioned, maybe they had a disabled passenger. If the passenger is disabled them they should have the pass. It's not car specific but person specific. I've used one in the past, not to park in wheelchair spots but to avoid paying parking fees in regular spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FWIW I recently had an appointment in the Blackrock Clinic. The carpark was totally full. I drove around the whole fecking carpark approx five times and eventually I parked in a disabled spot because there was literally and exactly no where else to park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Didn't think there would be probems parking at the blackrock clinic, theres normally no wrift raft there ! :D

FX Meister wrote:
    As was mentioned, maybe they had a disabled passenger.

Exactly! I think its a bit much of the OP to be calling this driver "pig ignorant" and a "prick" when you don't know the full story.

In your email to his boss send him a link to this thread and let him read it for himself and make a reply, you'd better hope you were right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

FWIW I recently had an appointment in the Blackrock Clinic. The carpark was totally full. I drove around the whole fecking carpark approx five times and eventually I parked in a disabled spot because there was literally and exactly no where else to park.

Maybe outside the clinic somewhere else? Ignorance is no excuse. Neither is lazyness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

the ironic thing is that the van is question belongs to the kuntz that do the clamping in tesco and the blanch centre etc, scum is waht they is ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

so what would a disabled person who drove in have done then? you could have parked across the road or back in blackrock and walked the 5 min walk.
    would seem that at the blackrock clinic there is a good chance that people who actually need the spots would be often around, tbh I think that's worse than taking a disabled spot at a shopping centre or whatever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

UberNewb wrote:
    Exactly! I think its a bit much of the OP to be calling this driver "pig ignorant" and a "prick" when you don't know the full story.

In your email to his boss send him a link to this thread and let him read it for himself and make a reply, you'd better hope you were right.

Read the thread noob. If the pig ignorant prick was entitled to park there he would have had a permit.

What bit of that don't you understand ?

Full story my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Other peoples opinions on boards never ceases to amaze me. I never would have thought anyone would argue against someone being active against non disabled people parking in a disable zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Shabbyroad did you email the company? What reply did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 signs

the ironic thing is that the van is question belongs to the kuntz that do the clamping in tesco and the blanch centre etc, scum is waht they is ;)

Traffic Solutions do not clamp cars, they're responsible for traffic management systems in Ireland. They control/repair traffic lights, CCTV systems for traffic management, and setup parking systems, ie they are not clampers.

See the website: http://www.trafficsolutions.ie

Not that I'm defending this p***k either, facts should be obtained first, probably mixed up with Parkrite or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well where i work people are always taking up the private parking / loading unloading zone .

over the last year ive blocked many people in for up to 90 mins . ive gone on lunch and left them blocked only to come back and see them sitting in there car about to shout abuse at me to which i ask the did they not see the no parking signs / private property loading and unloading only .

but in relation the the op . i would send this complaint into tesco ireland stating what shopping center it was and what day of the week . they like to know these things

Advertisement