Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preview Public Profile?

Options
  • 05-02-2006 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

I'd like to suggest a possible new feature: Preview Public Profile.

There have been many times when I've wanted to know what my average "posts per day" count was, how my new profile pic. looked in action, a list of the threads I had made or wanted to know when exactly it was that I registered and had to go looking for a post I had made in order to get to my own profile to check this stuff out. I've always found this a bit of a nuisance.

How about if there was a link within each person's User CP which brought them directly to their own Public Profile? I think it might be handy.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Click on your name anywhere on boards.ie and a drop down menu appear and the first option on it is view public profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yep. That's what I said alright. I just don't see why there can't be a more convenient link permanently situated within one's User CP.

Assumedly everyone wants the boards.ie interface to be all that it can be. This seems like a logical addition. Geddit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

surly clickin your name is a lot handier than going though your user cp, granted i know it may be hard to find a post you made if you don't post that often but it's not to bad or big a dilemma imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Go to the forum view of any forum. Scroll down to the bottom. Click your name. Max 2 clicks to view profile.

If it was in UserCP.
    Click UserCP, click on Preview profile.
    2 Clicks.

I don't see the benefit of putting it in UserCP based on this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The user cp does seem like a logical place to have it, in fact I'm surprised it's not already there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

It's in "Quick Links" at the top of every page on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

henbane wrote:
    It's in "Quick Links" at the top of every page on the site.
    Cool.

I feel like saying "I'll get my coat..." :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Quick links, eh? Hmmm, I may have only ever clicked there in curiosity when I first registered. That suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Jolly good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement