Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: OMG god damn you Irish Star!!! Spoilers inside!!

• 05-02-2006 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭

I cant believe it, I really cant believe it. I thought that when the star published that
    Shannon dies in series 2.they had learned their lesson and not give anymore information on S02 but yesterday they revealed the BIGGEST secret ever, whats in the hatch.
    I mean cmon, Im on s02 12 so I know but I think its terrible how they ruin it for the few people out there who dont have access to the internet or wanted to wait. I think that these articles should be controlled because this show isnt just a regular show, Its an AMAZING show. Irish star should be ashamed of itself.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ummm...why is a huge spoiler in white? lol kind of defeats the point of spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

Oh the irony. In ranting about the spoilerific tabloides you your self have become your own enemy! Oh, it's so FUNNEY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Post edited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

seamus wrote:
    Post edited.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

It didnt ruin it for me but that plonker stacey(i think) basically gives huge spoilers in the morning evening herald. Gives the whole plot to the new episode. I feel sorry for anyone who read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

We're blaming the Herald, the RTE Guide and the Star, but we're completely forgetting OURSELVES! Why has someone put a thread on this forum called 'Another Cast Change' **MAJOR SPOILERS**'. If there's going to be a plot involving a new character or an old one being written out, most of us DON'T WANT TO KNOW until it happens on air in the US! Can there not be a thread which is Upcoming Non-aired Spoilers where all that kind of things lives...? Gah!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just don't read it if you don't want to know. The fact that it says **MAJOR SPOILERS** in the title is an indication that there may- just may- be spoilers ahead.

Faith wrote:
    Just don't read it if you don't want to know. The fact that it says **MAJOR SPOILERS** in the title is an indication that there may- just may- be spoilers ahead.

Well, duh! The fact that the thread title, the bit that came before **MAJOR SPOILERS** already alerted me to something I didn't want to know, was what what I was complaining about. I didn't want to know there were impending cast changes, just like I didn't want to know there might be a death before ep 2x06. We do need to be more careful about how threads are titled, because everyone sees those, spoilers attached or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

There were also loads of threads about Ana Lucia, one had a title something like 'how much do you hate ana lucia?' Twas a massive spoiler, because you could hardly hate her from the minute she was in the 1st series. So clearly
    people in the tail end survived!

wasnt sure if that needed tags in this thread, so just thought I'd be safe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

doh.ie wrote:
    Well, duh! The fact that the thread title, the bit that came before **MAJOR SPOILERS** already alerted me to something I didn't want to know, was what what I was complaining about. I didn't want to know there were impending cast changes, just like I didn't want to know there might be a death before ep 2x06. We do need to be more careful about how threads are titled, because everyone sees those, spoilers attached or not.
    Aw damn it doh, I didn't know there were going to be cast changes as I haven't seen that thread at all yet. But now I do, and I want to know more, I'll have to spoil it for myself by reading it now. Damn my weak will :(

Anyway, people shouldn't read Tabloids. There's nothing but sh1te in them and it's all written by morons, as evidenced by them having nothing better to do than ruin the most hotly anticipated TV show to return this year. Their new caption could be "The Daily Star, now with 20% more bull**** than the Daily Mirror". Catchy eh?

jor el wrote:
    Aw damn it doh, I didn't know there were going to be cast changes as I haven't seen that thread at all yet. But now I do, and I want to know more, I'll have to spoil it for myself by reading it now. Damn my weak will :(

Anyway, people shouldn't read Tabloids. There's nothing but sh1te in them and it's all written by morons, as evidenced by them having nothing better to do than ruin the most hotly anticipated TV show to return this year. Their new caption could be "The Daily Star, now with 20% more bull**** than the Daily Mirror". Catchy eh?

That sounds like a winner. More like 50% though. Sorry for spoiling the plot by telling you about the thread (you'd have seen it eventually, though!) You can do what I do and make up your own plot until you find out what the cast changes are. So far I've got Samuel L Jackson as Eko's father. Wahahaha!

Advertisement