Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I Say Sorry???

• 05-02-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Basically here's my situation, I really like a girl I work with and have done for a good while now. We've been getn along great txtn & talkn all the time but it hasn't gone any further.

I was out with her and all the gang from work last night who were convinced that we would get togeather but it didnt happen. Anyway in my drunkn state I sent her a txt from my taxi, telling her how i feel. She replied saying that she went out with a good freind in the past & didnt want to ruin it!(likely to be a load of bull)

I was it work with her today and everything seemed normal the txt wasnt even mentioned. I was thinking of txting her tonight to say sorry for my drunkn text. Should I, or should I just leave it be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I'd leave it. As you said things were normal between ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Leave it.
    She said no so its best forgotten , You`ll be opening a can of worms bringing it up to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Karoma wrote:
    Leave it.

^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Echoing what everyone else said, leave it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

leave well enough alone. DONT DIG ANY HOLES FOR YOURSELF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Leave it be say nothing its best off somethings are best off un said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Alright I'll take your expert advice and let it be, but I'm going to find it very hard to remain just good freinds with her because I really feel strongly for her. I fear the only way I can get over her is to try and black her out but it wouldnt be fair on her because she has done nothing wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you need to say something, say something, but dont think that your relationship will ever ben anything like it was from now on.

personally, i think youre better off saying something. if shes not interested really, then shes not interested, but fortune favours the brave...

personally, i think youre better off saying something. if shes not interested really, then shes not interested, but fortune favours the brave...
    Stupid question I know but saying what exactly? I told her how I felt in the text last night, although it was a drink fueled one I think we were both sober enough to say what we ment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I think by virtue of the fact you told her how you feel, you have changed the dimensions of your relationship beyond friendship - on your part anyway - regardless of how you both "acted" today at work.....I don't think you have anything to lose by appologising and clearing the air between you...at the very least the girl will know you are genuine, you weren't just being a drunken letch and you are mature enough to deal with the issues caused so you don't lose her friendship and also to save either of you feeling awkward.....the auld "ostrich technique" is very popular on these occassions but I have always found it much better to tackle issues head on and save myself the stress and worry of wondering....best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Drop it for SURE and forget about it whether or not its true just forget it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

next time you feel like sending a drunken text, dont. i've yet to hear of a time where that worked out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

hey dceire
    well id say leave it too, sure uv told her how u feel, so see how it goes over the next while...
    i was in a similar situ b4 with a lad and told him the same story as that chick told u but we hooked up in the end (after a few weeks of getting to know him a bit better) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

ferdi wrote:
    next time you feel like sending a drunken text, dont. i've yet to hear of a time where that worked out well.
    "Happy New Year"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I know a girl who would totally ignore any guy who texted her to ask her out or texted her his feelings and totally hates anyone who ends relationships over texts!

Maybe she would have reacted better if you told her to her face! But then again, from experience, if you do that and she is not interested it can virtually end the friendship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dceire wrote:
    Stupid question I know but saying what exactly? I told her how I felt in the text last night, although it was a drink fueled one I think we were both sober enough to say what we ment.

sorry, i didnt realise you managed to get the whole complexity of your feeling sacross in one small text.
    i do wish i was more concise in explaining my emotions. it would save me a great deal of discomfort.

in that case, if you told her and explained everything, you have nothing more to say to her. she hasnt come back to you, so maybe you should just accept that she doesnt want you.

or...

are you curious as to what she has to say? and therefore, talking to her, explaining your position again (because i really dont believe you got everything off your chest in a simple text) and ask directly for an answer.

if she tells you she isnt interested, then at least you know. youre not hanging around in limbo like some love sick puppy.
    if she says yes, then well done.

either way, you get the girl or you get to move on.

right now, you havent a clue and youre asking advice of teenagers on a bullitan bord :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A closed mout catches no flies !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Don't apologise, what if she was just testing you?

(because i really dont believe you got everything off your chest in a simple text) and ask directly for an answer.
    True, and I Aknow your right about talking to her person to person but I don't think I have the balls to do so.
    I know a girl who would totally ignore any guy who texted her to ask her out or texted her his feelings and totally hates anyone who ends relationships over texts!.
    She's right too, its something that I've never done before and never plan on doing again, the moment sent came up on the screen I realised what an idiot I was.
    well id say leave it too, sure uv told her how u feel, so see how it goes over the next while...
    i was in a similar situ b4 with a lad and told him the same story as that chick told u but we hooked up in the end (after a few weeks of getting to know him a bit better)

I know the guy she was talking about, she used to go out with him but there still good freinds now. And as for her getting to know me better, we,ve known each other for about 8 months and have been good freinds for about 6 of them so I dont think there's alot more to know about each other.

She sent me a 'How are you' kind of text late last night and was asking me if I had a good night on Sat, the text never came up, so I think i'll leave it at that, its a bit late now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Leave it!

You've planted the seed in her mind anyway ;) Keep playing it cool and getting on with her like before...she'll have that in the back of her mind and may grow to like you if she dosen't already.

Appoligising makes a big deal out of it and could make things weird/worse.

Anyway, what do you plan to achieve by saying sorry? She dosen't seemed p!ssed off or stand offish...

Play cool man ;) could be a good thing, got the ball rolling, and trying to nudge yourself out of the friend zone...like i said, just forget about it and doing what you're doing...who knows, maybe next time you're out boozin she might feel more comfortable to make a confession to you now :p

Advertisement