Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build

Options
  • 05-02-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice with our self build! We are having a few problems with the bank at the moment. At first they agreed to forward us 80% of the value of our site and 100% (to our allowed limit) of the building costs, but lately they have seemed to change their minds to 70% of the site value and a max of 90% of the building costs. The difference to us would mean us having to find an extra 35k cash in a short period of time, would there be any other bank that could accomodate our figures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

Compile all your earnings and outgoings ( like on the Eddie Hobbs show ), call Liberty asset management on 1800 269269-- make appointment.They will help if your figures stack up.They are in Ballsbridge

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Who is the bank Ginger, we are with NIB and they gave us 100% mortgage with 80% site value.
    Change your bank and shop around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 danxtremeclean

Try the ICS Mortgage Store, 2 Graffton Street, Noel Stapleton is your man... We got 100% mortgage through them and they used the site as collateral/deposit... Their number is 016113792, this fella went to all lengths to get us sorted... we had a few minor problems with life insurance and he spent 6 months battling on our behalf.. nothing is too much trouble for him...

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

We were going with Ulster Bank as we have not had a problem with them so far. As we are not being gifted a site we are looking to get about 80% site value and 100% building costs, I think we will take a look around, as we are waiting on our planning decision I dont want to be leaving these problems to the last minute.

Advertisement