Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

higher biology mocks?

Options
  • 05-02-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

ive mine tomorrow afternoon, ive heard that the heart, food, dna/genetics, photosynthesis,the plant, and ecology come up. any confirmations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

emm dnt wanta be mean but DNA, eclogy always come up and photosynthsis is a shoe in for d real thing! havnt had my mocks yet! Ders four mock papers btw so one in four chances of gettin heart, food!) good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

thanks! mneh ill just try do my best 2moro. ive english paper2 in the morning so its kind of a bad day timetable wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bankable

anythin would be helpful. i mean anythin. We have worst teacher ever and just found out the format to thee paper last week. and we've done experiments not on the course "to investigate what happens when bones are burnt or put in acid"

the short questions had a bit of everything, ecology, dna/genetics, photosynthesis, blood, osmosis, and the plant came up.

bankable wrote:
    anythin would be helpful. i mean anythin. We have worst teacher ever and just found out the format to thee paper last week. and we've done experiments not on the course "to investigate what happens when bones are burnt or put in acid"
    strange

• Advertisement

any other things?? i'd english paper2 today and it was diferent to the ones other people did. "blindness is a theme of King Lear"
    Osmosis is a long question?
    blood is 2?
    what experimentts????

osmosis and blood are in the experiements part.know the parts of the microscope, it comes up in short q's. dont take my paper for granted because you may get a different one. looks like i got the same paper as you for english p2, had that this morning. i am WRECKED tired. longest day ever.

so what are the long questions?? i'll do genetic crosses. and hopefully photosynthesis will turn up
    anythin else u remeber???
    thanks for what u've given me anyway.it might give me a chance of a C!!!!

the long q's for me were: dna/genetics, food, photosynthesis and the plant, and two more on homeostasis and other stuff we havent done yet so cant help you there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm foooked..

• Advertisement

i was too :-( horrible day today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 foogirl

does anyone know if the light experiment on photosynthesis is coming up on the long questions.woz it on anyones paper

is that the one with the pond weed then yes it comes up in the long questions as far as i can remember

tanx a million.i think yours is the same paper as mine.ne other questions you could tell us about?

how do u know we have the same paper, urs cud be different. see my earlier comments on this thread about the biology paper. it wasnt easy (maybe cause i didnt study a whole lot oops)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

mine has photosynthsis biochemistry, geneticxs, osmosis, the eye, lungs and respiration, homeostasis (nepron etc) and ecology

wat 3 experiments came upmon your papers???:)

short questions are a mix with 1 on the microscope, any1 know others???

long are 1)Ecology 2)Genetics 3)food 4)Photosythesis 5)homeostais and Nephron 6)ANYTHIN ELSE???

ANy details on those long ones???

experiments are osmosis and every1 keeps sayin blood 1!!! there is no blood 1

i've my pre 2mro so all help is appreciated!!!

one of the questions in the experiment section on mine mentioned blood and vessels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

Okay, my study's been seriously hampered this last week, and am well behind for biology which is next week....

Could someone please post what came up in the short questions (this is for the people who got osmosis and blood in their experiments), apart from the microscope?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

I was wondering what questions ye attempt in Biology........like in Section C, I know which ones I'm attempting......the 3 questions from Core-3-Human and Plant Biology, and probably depending on the difficulty one of the remaining few....cos I don't really like Ecology or Cellular even though I know all of it, i'd say.

Does antone actually like the cellular section.....genetics is just too difficult for exam questions whereas human and plant is easy definitins etc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i like the celluar section :D and i find genetics easy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

This is what I got today!! (i'm typing from memory, but i think i'm fairly accurate!)

SHORT QUESTIONS: Ecology, True/false, define metabolism-ethics-hypothesis-theory-conitinuity of life, microscope parts, immoblised enzymes, eye(name parts) ear(2 r 3 little qs)

EXPERIMENTS: Osmosis, the effect of heat on enzyme activity, effect of excercise on breathing/pulse

LONG QUESTIONS:
    Genetics - dna rna, genetic cross, linked genes, mutations

Food - protein+reducing sugar tests, strucural+metabolic role of protein, diff between fats and carbohydrates ( cant remember the rest!)

Photosynthesis - equation, light stage(what happens, whats made), the photosynthesis experiment

Reproduction - didn't do reproduction yet so didn't pay much attention, but i did see the female part of the plant i think!

Then there was the 1 i skipped because I didn't no what was going on, it was asking stuff about homeostasis, the you had to draw the nephron and the last thing was labeling things on the liver and what the parts do and stuff.

Last q had labling parts of respiratory system, disease of respiratory system
    Then there was the definition of immunity, and of active&passive immunity

Hope thats a help to those who havnt done their pre yet and don't kill me if your paper comes from a difernt company than mine! Goodluck :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dimples06

we had a different paper. the experiments were osmosis, reducing sugar test, enzyme activity during germination. long questions on genetics (protein syntehsis- translation and transcription), ecology, enzymes, the brain and nevous system (draw neurons and stuff), sexual reproduction, tissue culturing (short questions), heart, breathing system. HOPE THAT HELPS:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

and i had a different paper too!!! experiments were the IAA one, Immobilised enzyme and isolating DNA. Long questions were- ecology, genetics, respiration, immunity, the brain &endospermic and non endospermic seeds & transpiration, male reproductive system & pollination & there was something else but i can't remember!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

and i had a different paper too!!! experiments were the IAA one, Immobilised enzyme and isolating DNA. Long questions were- ecology, genetics, respiration, immunity, the brain &endospermic and non endospermic seeds & transpiration, male reproductive system & pollination & there was something else but i can't remember!!!!

same exam i had, was actually easier then i expected.

Advertisement