Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piles

• 05-02-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I woud like to start off by saying that I know full well that this is not a medical board, I am just looking for some opinions.

I was told by my doctor last night that I have piles and he told me I would have to take suppositories to cure them. naturally I was very down in the dumps about the prospect of that, however my mom got me laxatives instead (the type you take orally). I was somewhat relieved and at the same time confused, I didn't see how doing more shít would make the problem go away.

I am wondering if anyone knows if laxatives are actually the answer. I mean I would rather shove 12 bullets up my ass and be secure in the thought it was gonna make the piles go away, I don't like the idea of forcing bowel movements and not knowing if it will work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Sounds like a medical question to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea if laxatives cure piles, I wouldn't have thought so, either way there are a number of forms of piles which all deserve different treatments afaik.

Therefore you should speak to your doctor, again. As you say, this isn't a medical board - our opinions on this matter will only end up being medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement