Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble after Cancelling IBB Direct Debit

• 05-02-2006 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

Has any one got any trouble from ibb after cancelling the direct debit before the end of the minimum contract period (1 year).

My connection has been crap since december, i have placed numerous call to the tech support. As of last friday i have told to them to cancel immediatly, and cancelled the direct debit with my bank, without telling them . Therefore they will not be getting the March DD. and i will disconnect everything at the end of feburary. The tech support said they must be refer the cancelation request to a manager as i am within the minimum period. and they will let me know what the results is.

Has anyone any further wisdom, on how to proceed further:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

gordonnet wrote:
    Has any one got any trouble from ibb after cancelling the direct debit before the end of the minimum contract period (1 year).

My connection has been crap since december, i have placed numerous call to the tech support. As of last friday i have told to them to cancel immediatly, and cancelled the direct debit with my bank, without telling them .

I did exactly the same at the weekend for my mother's connection after 2 months of dialup speeds and non-existent customer service. They know that they haven't been providing the service that's been paid for but they tell me it could take up to a month for a decision to be made on the cancellation request. I'll be cancelling the direct debit straight away too. I think everyone else should do the same and just move on - it's just not worth the grief dealing with IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

i did exactly the same about 2 weeks ago, but be warned..I was told by the supervisor that my cancellation request was being reviewed by a manager etc, the next day i got a call from an engineer who was at my house wanting to do the de-install, obviously with no notification i could not get away from work but the engineer told me he would be back out. About 3 days later, i got an email from the supervisor saying they were not going to cancel my contract as i was within contention (nevermind that i was loosing 50% packets). But I had already cancelled the direct debit because i assumed with an engineer coming out that i was cancelled...what a fcuking joke:mad:

dont know what the story is now..:mad:

Advertisement