Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag making/modifying

Options
  • 05-02-2006 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm thinking of making my own bags and selling them on ebay. Can anyone tell me where to source funky material like monster fur, lace etc.
    Also, are there any websites with free bag patterns because I'm making pretty basic ones that don't look very professional.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm sure any materials shop will have most of the fur etc. If you pop up to Dublin, there's a place off Georges Street Arcade, loads of materials inside there.

You could always buy a bulk of normal paper bags, medium sized ones. Nice idea I used a while back - get a glossy paged magazine, any of the fashion ones are good for this. Find an image you like, and using meths/white spirits, and a cloth (gloves are really handy too ;) ) keep rubbing the picture, image down on the bag. Gives you a nice faded image...

Good luck with it anyways.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

felting a crocheted or knitted bag looks cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

use old denim jeans.. the pockets on the outside.. have made some myself, really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cheeseofdoom

Thanks for the ideas guys! I'll be in Dublin on Wed so I can stock up on monster fur etc. Am considering selling my wares at the local farmers market if it goes well. I'm going to try the transfer of magazine images to bags too! Yay, Inspiration!

Advertisement