Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensible Soccer

Options
  • 05-02-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

A cel shaded updated version of this game is getting released in april or whenever -pc, ps2 and xbox (whats a gamecube?)
    anyone else looking forward to this?
    it is to pro evo what NFS is to GTR, or similar, but i hope its as much fun as the old ones

would be excellent if it has online play

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I want this on my DS.

Not buying it for anyother as its not a full price game unless its magical again :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What a game the original was! Loved the curl you could put on shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

Sensible Soccer was good but Kick Off was better! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

apparently its been pushed back to the summer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sensible Soccer was good but Kick Off was better!
    Blasphemy! SWOS > All

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

They had screen shots up on the net, doesn't look great.

To me the magical version was the atari st ver 1.0. Your first touch was free then you could no longer change direction with the ball. Pure playability. The megadrive and pc versions were too easy.

Kick off hadn't a patch on it. Ill only buy it if they also put in the original verison as an extra as well. I'd still pay for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I remember England and Norway being unstoppable in the original. Its that old that the England front pairing was Wright and Shearer.

I had it on the Amiga 500 and it was a class game.

iregk wrote:
    To me the magical version was the atari st ver 1.0. Your first touch was free then you could no longer change direction with the ball. Pure playability. The megadrive and pc versions were too easy.

i've only played it on the amiga and snes, but if we're talking about the same game, you could change direction...but if you didn't do it right the ball would roll away. it was possible though and made it more frantic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

loved it, great game. In fact think i'll hunt down a copy for the snes if I can

Also didn't this game have varying difficult levels and on amatuer you could turn with the ball but on pro it would roll away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Fantastic game, incredibly playable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I used to be able to hit the post on cue and head in the rebound as the keeper was no where to be seen. Used to drive my mates mad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I played this game all summer '92. I had the original vanilla version on the Amiga. My brother got the later version SWOS. Must get going again on it on the WinUAE emulator. I've no excuse as I got one of those retro usb joysticks for the job. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭UberNewb

For all you Sensible Soccer fans out there this is the must have item and you also get this summers most fashionable clothing item for free! :eek:

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1108

Vegeta wrote:
    loved it, great game. In fact think i'll hunt down a copy for the snes if I can

Also didn't this game have varying difficult levels and on amatuer you could turn with the ball but on pro it would roll away

bingo, but like i said, with skill you could turn in pro also :)

Advertisement