Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused.....

• 06-02-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was going out with a girl for a few months last year. She broke it off out of the blue one day.....after a few weeks we were together again for one night. She told me she broke it off because she said it was all going to well...she was too happy!! Kinda weird I know...but anyway.....she txt me earlier out of the blue. I haven't spoken to her or seen her since last october and all of a sudden she txts me. We were txting for awhile....just small talk.

I'm kinda confused now!! Why would she txt me out of nowhere?? Was it just out of politeness? I don't want to say it to her!!

Any ideas!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i think you should just cut all ties, she seems like a bit of a weirdo and someone you could and should probably live without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Mind games dude, she knows she can have you when nothing better is going!

Tell her your seeing somebody or just ignore her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

First of all, I can't imagine why any sane person would break off a relationship because they were too happy....:confused: I'd be very wary of getting involved with her again - if you are just texting then it's fairly harmless but I'd watch out, it sounds like she is just playing games with you.....:( Best of luck :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

sounds like a bit of a drama-queen, and believe me, i know what they're like! i'd cut all ties too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

jamieh wrote:
    She told me she broke it off because she said it was all going to well...she was too happy!!

I've never heard such b/s
    either she was yanking your chain at the time
    or
    she is mentally unstable
    either way, avoid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

Maybe she was just confused at the time and she didn't know what she wanted. Maybe during their time apart she realised the mistake she made and wants him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Be afraid, be very afraid...

Exactly - 'when there's nothing better going'... give him a buzz... Watch out dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Some girls get wary when things go really well in a relationship. She's probably really insecure and didn't want to get hurt.

You should talk to her and ask her where you stand. Let her know you don't want to play games. If you really like her, tell her that so she knows you want to be with her. Otherwise, if she's just fooling around, tell her to **** herself and let her go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

jamieh wrote:
    She told me she broke it off because she said it was all going to well...she was too happy!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Run for the hills at high speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

V day coming up next week... Perhaps she just wants someone to send her a card/buy her flowers etc. Hoping u'd be gulliable enough to fall for it.

But yea as others say, avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lil-buttons

Tell her to get the boat! Shes jus keepin you there for a dry patch in her life where mayb shes not gettin much male attention. Sorry but she sounds like an awful user. Set her straight mate or she'll do your head in.

irlrobins wrote:
    V day coming up next week... Perhaps she just wants someone to send her a card/buy her flowers etc. Hoping u'd be gulliable enough to fall for it.

But yea as others say, avoid.

Forgot about that actually, she is probably using you as backup as she doesn't want to be single on V-Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Thanks for the advice!!

I think its best to go forward instead of backwards....so I think I'll just ignore her and move on!!

Cheers,

Jamie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

atta boy! sounds like a smart decision to me!

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks for the advice!!

I think its best to go forward instead of backwards....so I think I'll just ignore her and move on!!

Cheers,

Jamie

Good on ya! Buy this guy a pint!

Advertisement