Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is there such a thing as a 1.6 diesel corolla

Options
  • 06-02-2006 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

does the 1.6 d exist thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

dunno bout a 1.6 but toyota have just launched 1.4 d4d so i cant see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

does the 1.6 d exist thanks lads!

Not to my knowledge, there is currently only a 1.4 D-4D and there used to be a 2.0 D4-D but this is no longer available in Ireland.

The smallest diesel engine in the Corolla was a 1.8 and that was back in the late 1980s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

dont think so there is a Focus 1.6d alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

The new peugeot 307 comes in a 1.6 hdi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The 1.6 TDCI/HDI engine is newish (2004) and is a joint Ford/PSA development.

It's available in a wide variety of cars - Focus, Fiesta, S40/V50, Mazda 3 & 5, Peugeot 307/407, and Citroen C4 and C5.

Ford are only marketing a 90bhp version presently, having sold the 110bhp version up to recently. The reason being he have a stock of last generation 1.8 TDCI 115bhp engines they need to shift. They are also charging €1000 more these 1.8's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

hi toyota dont do a 1.6 diesel corolla. i just sold a 1.4D4D 90bhp saloon model
    i found it very easy on fuel, and very pokey, compared to a 1.4civic petrol..

its definately worth a look at and id rekon that they would hold their value
    quite well.

i had it for a year and found nothing wrong with it...very reliable, however not every exciting, cheap to tax and insure...

i averaged betweeen 56 and 58 mpg overall... for a tank of fuel
    and if you drive it right you can get 1000km per tank of fuel.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No 1.6 Diesel, just 1.4.

Ideal for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:
    Ideal for Ireland

Perhaps, but they are still loosing customers who want a small bit more poke. The 2.0 was crazy with tax, but a 1.6 with 110 like the HDi is a nicer compromise IMO.

maidhc wrote:
    Perhaps, but they are still loosing customers who want a small bit more poke. The 2.0 was crazy with tax, but a 1.6 with 110 like the HDi is a nicer compromise IMO.

The D-4D 90 is a great drive though, I agree that a 1.6 engine would be nice, but it's unlikely unless they launch one in the Avensis (which they won't)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you're lookin 4 sumtin thats easy on fuel but with poke, try the 1.5 Toyota Prius, taxed at €146 (electrical), with the power levels of a 2.0 Saab 9-3; at least according to a previous Mayor of Limerick I spoke to (City Hall changed contracts from 9-3 to Prius)

No petrol used below 50 kph, so definately a runner, the diesel Corolla 1.4 D4-D Saloon Luna spec is round the same price as a a 04 Prius if you can find 1 cheap at round €25k

There's a 1.6 petrol Auto (manual on estate)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

there is a very rare 1.9 diesel corrolla which uses the renault engine. must be built in France !!! i've only ever seen one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

There is a rare import toyota called the corolla II. They are all three door hatch backs and there is a 1.5 TD version, they are four wheel drive too.

0027.JPG

greglo23 wrote:
    there is a very rare 1.9 diesel corrolla which uses the renault engine. must be built in France !!! i've only ever seen one though.

peugeot engine, and built in ther UK, not very sought after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Also on the 1.9 diesel, its a bollocks to work on.Timimg belt takes ages and it has to be done every 60k odd.

the toyota badge on top is very half-assed two, just stuck on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There is also a 2.2 diesel engine fitted. Was only available on the Japanese market and is not available anymore. There was one for sale two years ago at a dealer. It was a 0I and I5,000 euro was being asked for it. The road tax was over 700 euros.........

The smallest engine at present is a I.3 petrol, again only available on the Japanese market. I presume we will be seeing a lot of these over the next few years. Seeing the present Corolla imports is next to impossible. Nearly
    all the corollas sold secondhand from abroad are from the U.K and are all
    3 or 5dr hatchbacks.....

doubt if they'll be importing them to Ireland. Africa more likely. Japanese import market has collapsed, except for performance cars.

colm_mcm wrote:
    doubt if they'll be importing them to Ireland. Africa more likely. Japanese import market has collapsed, except for performance cars.

The Jap car importers have revived their long running court case with the revenue. They recently sought, and were granted in part discovery in relation to the revenue's methods of calculating the OMSP in relation to jap imports.

don't the revenue use data collected from the SIMI order books to calculate the car's value?

colm_mcm wrote:
    don't the revenue use data collected from the SIMI order books to calculate the car's value?

I think it is more like black magic:

FYI case is here: http://www.bailii.org/ie/cases/IEHC/2006/90.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement