Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for simple chat application

Options
  • 06-02-2006 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a very simple chat application? Something in php maybe. I've had a quick look around hotscripts etc... but many of them seem to require mySQL also - writing code isn't strictly my thing so simple=good :)
    I'm looking for something that can ultimately be viewed on a mobile so anything fancier than xhtml is also out. There does look to be a few out there, just looking for opinions as to what's good/bad from people’s experience.
    Question: to do something like this properly might it be necessary to get my head around php and sql properly and just get on with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

It might not be exactly what you are looking for but his demos the use of a comment box in php without a database

http://www.shoutpro.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Thanks - that's the kind of thing I'm after. The simpler the better :)

Advertisement