Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apparently Wright-Philips almost joined Pool in transfer window

• 06-02-2006 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

The commentators on BBC Radio5 mentioned this yesterday,that he nearly singed on the last night. Never heard anything about it, any Pool supporters know anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yeah heard a bit about it.. Nothing more than what you posted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Would be a good option - wouldn't come cheap though. Can't see Chelsea taking too much of a drop. He wasn't even on the bench yesterday so looks he is out of favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Apparently I joined Madrid for 50 million. All media talk but sure we need a thread about it:rolleyes:

Next Liverpool thread suggestions:

The canteen floor isn't clean
    Somebody changed a light bulb in hall
    There is a picture that is not hanging correct:eek: (this is a 2 week story)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Who didn't get any last night?:p

TheMonster wrote:
    Who didn't get any last night?:p

Liverpool fans, too busy on here thinking about what random reason they could start a new thread about:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It is a Man U fan that opened this thread Nelly anything else ?

I had headr about that too Monster but I do not think Liverpool have the money for him. He would be ideal for our right sided problems and would allow Gerrard to go middle, which he does most of the time regardless of position, but it would be good fro SWP too, is a world cup year and there are a couple of good right sided players in England now.

As has been pointed out by your brother, along with many others Nelly, if somebody finds something interesting they will post about it, if you do not wish to read about it then don't, if you cannot contribute then don't.

It is a Man U fan that opened this thread Nelly anything else ?

Just this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=262341&page=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

We looked for him on loan but chelski refused a loan deal instead offering him to us for £15m. This was too expensive for us but there is a strong possibility that we will be back in for him in the summer. Apparently before he joined chelsea, he let it be known he would prefer to come to anfield but we couldn't match chelski's bid. That was unconfirmed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There has to come a time for him though when he reialses that for the sake of his football he will have to get a regular run in a team. If he does not break in to the Chelsea squad in the near future surely he jeopardises his England spot. I feel that if he does not go to WC then he will put in a transfer request in the summer and he may even do it anyway if some of the england squad have a word and say you know you are winning medals but you are not playing any football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I thought Wright-Philips was a dead cert to go to arsenal in the summer what with his father being a hero for the gunners. I was very surprised when he joined Chelsea. He's a quality player and would be a great signing for liverpool though, exactly what they need on the right wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sadly i expected him to go to chelsea. would be a good move for liverpool to get him, but it seems strange that chelsea would sell that kind of player to one of their closest rivals, when he could potentially have a huge impact on the team

aren't chelsea almost always reluctant sell players..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well considering he was probably bought as a backup, and simply to stop Arsenal or United getting him, I doubt Chelsea will sell him on all that easily, at least not without a fairly hefty price tag.

Advertisement