Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone NOT been upgraded yet ?

• 06-02-2006 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

ok, I am still awaiting my BT broadband speed increase on Dolphins barn exchange . at moment I get a rock steady 856 up 120 down , I have tried all suggestions in these forums to reset the line etc, unplug all connections etc, but it looks like to my eyes - nothing has happened to the line to increase the speed.

anyone in a sim situ ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

i'm on Dolphins Barn as well... still not been upgraded!!! tried all the stuff as well... no good... gonna phone BT today and see what the story is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

so will I report back if you get any info!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was upgraded then downgraded 4 days later and I have spent the last 2 weeks on the phone to eircom broadband support, after talking to about 7 different people they tell me today to ring sales and get put back up to home professional so the biddy put in the instruction and all i have to do now is wait 24 hours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Same situation here Gonzo, I rang last week and again today, but still have not been upgraded to my original package(oranmore)

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

i phoned BT earlier today, but as usual, no one had an idea what i was talking about!! i mean, they didn't know there is / should have been an upgrade happening to all customers!! it's madness... Why can't BT train their staff properly... i miss the days when you could just mail the CEO Mr Murphy and he'd get it all sorted out in a few hours!! now, that he's gone, it seems to have gone back to the days of REALLY REALLY BAD, if not unacceptable, customer support!!! CRAZY!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

i cant get through on phone at all. i now have sent threatening mails ( comreg , cancellation , solicitor - the usuual ) to fix my billing and my speed upgrade.

wait and see what happens ( not )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭federerfan

BT/BB 1024

Dungarvan

Still no upgrade

Fedfan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

eircom upgraded me about 8 hours after yesterdays phonecall.. in the end they told me to ring sales and only sales would get me back at 3mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

There has been no upgrade for me so far.
    Not sure who to complain to or even if its worth the trouble as probably wont get anywhere. They told me the line was good for up to 4Mpbs so thats not the problem.
    Interested to know if anyone else on this exchange actually got an upgrade from 1Mpbs to 2Mpbs ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Hav'nt been upgraded myself, but have had a number of phone calls from BT support.

The ;atest is that an engineer is going to investigate but looking at these threads it looks like my line was just missed on the upgrade. IE Paperwork

I have been told that if it is not possible to get the upgrade, i will be offered a discount on my subscription.

Sitting and waiting :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement