Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 5

• 06-02-2006 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Congratulations to all those involved in yesterday running of the Raheny 5. It was a pleasure to run in such a well organised and well run event...they even organised the weather...keep up the good work.

Euro for euro, I think it is the best value road race in the country...what great goodie bags!! See you all there next year!!!

Domer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Best road race i've took part in..other clubs should take note of how it should be done! Nearly everyone i know ran a pb yesterday so like Domer i'd like to say well done Raheny on a great day out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭vannistelrooy10

sorry to ruin all the pb's but i wasnt very happy with my peformance i ran a 28.30, however my father bet his expected time by 6mins that was a fantastic peformance.
    oh ye anybody see that convoy of classic minis it made my day!!!!
    sad i know.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

PB myself aswell yesterday. Great race, it was good to have the weather this year. The one thing about the race is the quailty of the field. Around 140 broke the 30 minute mark out of 2000. considering that place 127 in the irish runner 5 mile in june was 32 minutes, and 200 out of the 5000 that finished the bupa race broke 40 minutes. Also look at the top three yesterday.
    1.Vinny Mulvey
    2.Mark Christie
    3.Joe Sweeney

And Raheny make a point of not paying apperance money!

Anyhow the results are available on the Raheny Shamrock website, unfortunately there was a glitch on the timing machine and a lot of the times are missing, but hope people will have a good gauge of their time from what is printed.

www.rahenyshamrock.com

Any questions give me a shout.

Cheers

Advertisement