Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines

• 06-02-2006 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Can anybody give me an idea of places in Dublin that are relatively cheap for Valentines Day yet nice of course? I'm taking my girlfriend out but I'm strapped for cash

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

you could "try" redberry on south great georges street.. lovely little thai place that is pretty damn cheap too.

Also go on to pigsback.com and if your more into the steakhouse style TGI fridays have a free main course with every main meal on valentines night.. so print off the voucher.

Oh by "try" i mean hope you get a table.. its valentines night after all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

What about the places in the IFSC? Anybody know anything about them?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Does anybody know the name of that Itallian place up near Batchelors Walk? I think it begins with a D?? That place looks nice, might look into booking it for Valentines.. Just need the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

I ended up booking Milano just passed IFSC. It's lovely and they have a cheap deal going for Valentines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im doing Johnnie Foxes... fantastic food.. anyway they have a valentines special menu for €85 for 2 including wine.
    Im also staying at the Bewlys hotel in leapordstown (sandyford). My wife works in sandyford so handy for the next day. will get a cab to Johnnie foxes so i can have some wine :D
    So the room is €89 and the meail €85 and then the cab and whatever other drinks we have. Not too bad.
    Staying in hotel as i live in westmeath so it makes sense. As well as the romantic side of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 2000ad

The Village Bistro in Terenure would be my suggestion. It's a new place but they're doing a three course valentine's night meal for €25. I've eaten there a few times, mostly for breakfast and it's a good spot.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~villagebistro/

Advertisement