Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Diagnostic codes

Options
  • 06-02-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering does anyone have Astec House Alarm diagnostic codes.

My Alarm is looking for it's usual 6 month check up and as a result is displaying the "call engineer" message. I would like to check this myself instead of having to fork out €60 twice a year.

The engineer that installed it for me talked me through it last time but I forgot to write it down.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You will need the engineer code first of all. To walk test enter the command 12. Make sure you select what you want to test from the buttons on the right (contact, sensor, infrared). To test the bells its command 16.
    Make sure you press clear before each command too.

This isn't a through service but only a walk test, to service the alarm properly you need to meter out each zone.

Hope this helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Thanks, that's a great start.

Any idea of the code to remove the call engineer message ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

V1llianous wrote:
    Thanks, that's a great start.

Any idea of the code to remove the call engineer message ?

Under the "call engineer" message there is a number, its probably 77.
    If it is then you will need the engineer code to romove it.

If you need the number ring the alarm company and ask them VERY nicely for it, if they refuse ask them to come out and default your panel and pay them the call out fee. It will save you in the long run.

If you need the commands to reprogramme after the default give me a shout.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sweetsweetdogbr

does anyone know how to get out of teh engineer menu?
    my alarm panel just says '00 engineer'. I'm sure it's something simple

• Advertisement

Clear 99 will take you out of engineer, It wont come out if there is a problem on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 btin

need engineer code. try 1174 default engineer code. if it works and keypad displays engineer press clear 99 to exit engineer mode. this will clear code until next service interval arrives as programmed by installer. hope this is of some help

Advertisement