Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping cart but not a framework?

Options
  • 06-02-2006 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I'm trying to put an online store onto an existing web site. I've had a look at a few out of the box shopping cart stores, for example osCommerce. The impression that i get from these is that although they are very easy to configure to get up and running quickly, the look and feel is also very "out of the box". I've seen one other type (NetStores) which is less of a framework - instead you just drop in the "add to baskets" to your own page. I was wondering if anybody knows any other carts that are more "drop in" than "framework" !
    Anybody any opinions, thoughts, suggestions - all wlecome!! ta

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

paypal buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

osCommerce is a cinch to modify using a templating system

if you just want to sell a couple of products though, then yeah, paypal buttons are probably ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
    Are you looking for a scaleable application? OSC may seem very "Out of the box"-ee but it is very extensible and powerful. You should think about weather you are going to offer more services in the future.

Also, if you are considering just a simple shopping cart, you may want to take a look at your payment processors website. Most offer links to off the shelf shopping carts of all shapes and sized which may suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭jjmax

Cubecart is handy enough to customise.
    I think it's not as powerful as OSCommerce though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 SHAKESPEARE_SIS

Thanks for all your inputs.

reitoei: when you say its a cinch to customise osCommerce using a templating system - do you mean that its easy to use some of the templates that seem to be widely available on the web for other "looks" or do you mean its easy to change the php code?

I got a sample of one of these temaples from the web, and it seems to be osCommerce distribution with php altered and some extra images. Is this what you mean or am i missing something about the templating!!

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement