Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dial up number which is best

• 06-02-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All

Got a phone line connected to my home. Broadband is not available yet in our area. :(

I am now using eircom dial up to connect to internet which is very slow I have heard that some other dial up are faster ( and cheaper) then eircom. Can please somebody recommend me any dial up numbers ?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Almost all dial-up numbers are now on the 1892 prefix, and will all cost the same. Speed on dial-up can depend on the quality of your phone line so changing providor may not do much. I think there's a list of dial up numbers around here somewhere. Could be in a sticky in Ireland Offline or Computers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

try www.smarttelecom.ie or www.magnet.ie because they might be able to porvide you with BB

as far as i know they have their own infrastructure and dont use the same lines as eircom

Advertisement