Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Terraria €2.50 on Steam

Also part of a new deal for the next 10 days, click on the page of each daily deal and your into a daily draw to win the top 10 games in your wishlist (need to have 10 games in it first though).

Actually kinda hard to pick 10 games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Also part of a new deal for the next 10 days, click on the page of each daily deal and your into a daily draw to win the top 10 games in your wishlist (need to have 10 games in it first though).

Actually kinda hard to pick 10 games :p

my 10

MW3
    SR3
    Tropico 4
    Anno 2070
    Batman AC
    Batman AA
    Witcher 2
    AC:R
    SOTS 2
    SSF IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Terraria €2.50 on Steam

Everyone get it, fantastic game and 1.1 added ALLOT today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Limericks wrote: »
    Everyone get it, fantastic game and 1.1 added ALLOT today
    This.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22350
    Also, brink is a fiver for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

EA are having an advent sale on origin, different deal each day from now until the 26th.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.adventcalendar_IE/?sourceid=ieadventemail179661322

Got an e-mail of the first week: today is a deal when you buy NFS: The Run, tomorrow is 40% of Crysis 2, then 50% off Sims 3, 50% off all Harry potter games (ugh...yay :confused: ), 50% off Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 for €5 and the next week is unveiled on the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

musicmonky wrote: »

Well myself and my housemate got 4 games in total off them and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EA are having an advent sale on origin, different deal each day from now until the 26th.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.adventcalendar_IE/?sourceid=ieadventemail179661322

Got an e-mail of the first week: today is a deal when you buy NFS: The Run, tomorrow is 40% of Crysis 2, then 50% off Sims 3, 50% off all Harry potter games (ugh...yay :confused: ), 50% off Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 for €5 and the next week is unveiled on the 8th.[/QUi checked origin for ****s and giggles and almost choked to death on a cookie - starwars old republic - 74.99eu!

they are trying to chase steam deals, but its lost fight...

musicmonky wrote: »

Been using them for over 3 years and the only problem was one key didn't work which they replaced with another game which was more expensive. I would reccomend these guys to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

buy minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

game.co.uk are also having an advent style sale.

That new ace combat game is 14.99 today on xbox and ps3.

• Advertisement

Got an e-mail of the first week: today is a deal when you buy NFS: The Run, tomorrow is 40% of Crysis 2, then 50% off Sims 3, 50% off all Harry potter games (ugh...yay :confused: ), 50% off Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 for €5 and the next week is unveiled on the 8th.
    i checked origin for ****s and giggles and almost choked to death on a cookie - starwars old republic - 74.99eu!

they are trying to chase steam deals, but its lost fight...
    That's the deluxe, the standard game is 55 euro.
    What's this about a £5 pre-order fee though?
    Then it changes to $5 when you click the ?, silly EA and their ugly messy website with horrible prices and even worse attempts at sales.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    That's the deluxe, the standard game is 55 euro.
    What's this about a £5 pre-order fee though?
    Then it changes to $5 when you click the ?, silly EA and their ugly messy website with horrible prices and even worse attempts at sales.

They have to charge more then physical sales or the stores won't be happy. Could you imagine if gamestop didnt stock swtor? That would be a huge drop in sales for EA. The stores have threatened this many times and game publishers just don't want to piss them off for now. Digital sales are just not used enough for them to risk it.

Also, Dungeon Siege for €20 today on steam. Not worth it. Horribly annoying game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Mario Kart 7/Mario Kart 3DS was out yesterday and following prices are Argos €51.99, HMV €44.99, GAME €44.99, Gamestop €44.99 and smyths toystore for €39.99 or with smyths member card for €35.99 and join membership for smyths for €5 and you get a smyths member card and €5 voucher off any game or toy at smyths toystore, ive a smyths member card, so i brought Mario Kart 7 for €35.99 yesterday at smyths toystore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Mario Kart 7/Mario Kart 3DS was out yesterday and following prices are Argos €51.99, HMV €44.99, GAME €44.99, Gamestop €44.99 and smyths toystore for €39.99 or with smyths member card for €35.99 and join membership for smyths for €5 and you get a smyths member card and €5 voucher off any game or toy at smyths toystore, ive a smyths member card, so i brought Mario Kart 7 for €35.99 yesterday at smyths toystore
    Seen Mario kart 7 in PC world earlier for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Borderlands GOTY edition €7.50 on steam.

Worth getting? Does it need a good GFX card to run it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Tinie wrote: »
    Borderlands GOTY edition €7.50 on steam.

Worth getting? Does it need a good GFX card to run it?

Deffo worth getting. Doesn't need a good GFX card to run (min spec is ATI Radeon HD3000 Series)

I ran it on an HD 4290 integrated gpu a while back and it was perfectly playable on low settings, hi res, lag free, and didn't suffer too much on med settings 1080p, though I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

If your GPU was bought new within the last 4 years, I'd say you'll be grand.

I'd also recommend having friends buy it too. It's a game where playing on your own can be a bit ****e. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Bundle pak, has change its price to begin with it was from €59.99, but it now from €74.99 everywhere, it was only €59.99 during lunch season, so the new price for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Bundle pak is from €74.99 not from €59.99 any more.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Bundle pak, has change its price to begin with it was from €59.99, but it now from €74.99 everywhere, it was only €59.99 during lunch season, so the new price for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Bundle pak is from €74.99 not from €59.99 any more.
    Not really a bargain alert though...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OULMUS/ref=nosim/?tag=hukdie-21
    €21 tetris 3ds from amazon.
    heard of it from hukd.ie

Personally haven't thought tetris has been fun since gameboy, but some might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

GameStop.ie Mega Monday starts this Monday 5 December at 8am! 12 hours of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Dungeon Defenders is only €2.99 on Steam until 6pm tomorrow. Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »
    GameStop.ie Mega Monday starts this Monday 5 December at 8am! 12 hours of offers.

Uncharted 3 for 24.97 (2 euro for del). Go to buy it = 37.97. :rolleyes:

Is this 'mega monday' deal because they got slated over the black friday sale?

Just came back down to 24.97. Great deal, i'll play through it, clear it and trade it for more than that in HMV!

Need for Speed: The Run on PS3 and xbox - 25euro (new). Good price but heard the game is way too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

the witcher €2.50

Bioshock 2 €4.99

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/might-magic-heroes-vi-6/10293181.html

18 quid for Heroes 6.

very good game for SP and hot seat gaming. Veterans will know it and some newbies can give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Duke Nukem forever for xbox and ps3 is currently a fiver on amazon now... not sure if its even worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Duke Nukem forever for xbox and ps3 is currently a fiver on amazon now... not sure if its even worth that.

I was considering it. But decided it wasnt worth it. Id probably enjoy a pint more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Comming up at a tenner now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement