Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for 2 PSP games:
    Juiced 2 and Fifa 09. Looking for these pre x-mas and would even consider them pre-owned. SO if any other boardsie's out there has seen these on your rounds I would really appreciate any assistance.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

On the news tonight it said that woolworths are having a big sale with up to 50% off so worth checking it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

HMV on Grafton Street. I got Project Zero for 4 euro. Some excellent prices for 360 stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Smyths have Juiced2 for €20 new it's three for €30 in Game pre-owned but may be sold out as for Fifa 09 I would wait,it has been on sale everywhere for €30 new but right now is €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dead space 35e on play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pobiwan

Shuan White Snowboarding on Xbox 360 and PS3 £19.57 + £2.95 postage at Gamestation - Bout 26 euro's!

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=20113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Beautiful Katamari on Xbox 360 for €16.99 new in HMV, Henry St

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Picked up Gears of War 2 for €40 new in Gamestop yesterday.

Also saw Dead Space on X360 for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

dead space pc is 24 in game, brilliant game aparantly worth picking up though best played with a controller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mickeydee

Dont know if its worth the hassle to some people for a game but was up the north in newry and got super mario bros for a friend and cost me £29.99 which converts to about 33-34 euro now with the good exchange rate. i bought the same one in gamestop in newbridge afew weeks ago and cost me 50 euro. But i have to say when i bought that game in newbridge all they had on the shelves was pre owened for 44 euro, so when i went to pay i just asked had they any brand new and they had which only cost 6 euro more. what a ripp off.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Mickeydee wrote: »
    Dont know if its worth the hassle to some people for a game but was up the north in newry and got super mario bros for a friend and cost me £29.99 which converts to about 33-34 euro now with the good exchange rate. i bought the same one in gamestop in newbridge afew weeks ago and cost me 50 euro. But i have to say when i bought that game in newbridge all they had on the shelves was pre owened for 44 euro, so when i went to pay i just asked had they any brand new and they had which only cost 6 euro more. what a ripp off.

Are you refering to New Super Mario Brothers on DS?

If so it's hard to believe a game nearly 3 years old is going for 50 euro still.

Great game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pobiwan

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe Half Price at Gamestation today.

£2.95 for delivery

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=20113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know the cheapest bricks & mortar shop for Far Cry on XBox360?

*far cry 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

didnt want to use play.com because they cancelled an order for the steelbook version 2 weeks after I ordered, and it wouldn't be 100% guaranteed to get here for crimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any good offers on COD: World at War?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

HMV in galway have smackdown vs raw 2009 for 30 euro on 360 and ps3:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

greetings wrote: »
    HMV in galway have smackdown vs raw 2009 for 30 euro on 360 and ps3:D:D

Doh!!!

I had a look for it in the HMV in Blanchardstown but they did not have it , ended up paying €49:99 for it in xtravision as I had to pick it up for my nephew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Argos have the new Prince of Persia for €30 also several other New PS3 games for the same price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Argos have the new Prince of Persia for €30 also several other New PS3 games for the same price

Another Doh!!!

I picked this up in Xtravision today also for €39:99 for the stealbook version on the PS3 , they had it on the 360 also for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

play.com 7euro for Odin Sphere good RPG for xmas i'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Clover wrote: »
    I picked this up in Xtravision today also for €39:99 for the stealbook version on the PS3 , they had it on the 360 also for the same price.

Im tempted to get that even though its meant to be quite short and easy but a great experience.....plus it looks very shiny :D

But Tesco Tullamore has to be the best for anti-bargains, they have about 6 sealed Xbox games, including Halo 2 and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, for €59.99 while most of the new release X360 games are about €50 :confused: . Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

seraphimvc wrote: »
    play.com 7euro for Odin Sphere good RPG for xmas i'd say :D

Just ordered it there. Thanks for that. Lets see what Retro was creaming about now!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

oceanclub wrote: »
    Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/

5 euro, not 5 dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Clover wrote: »
    Another Doh!!!

Clover it is just not going your way:( Was tempted also to get the steel cover one in xtravision at e40,but what is the difference? Is that a special edititon with extra features or is it literally the case only?Gonna pick it up in argos tomorrow with mum for christmas:)
    One other thing,maybe shouldnt be posting it here,but did anybody see the article in News Of The World a few weeks back about the difference in price between Argos in the north and here? for example,Prince Of Persia is 19.99 sterling and 29.99 here.At current trading(just looked this one up) the price here should be e21.52. I think over 7 euro when just talking about 29.99 is far too steep. Fed up of being ripped off,shows its not just irish retailers doing it,as this english giant is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

All the UK stores operating in Ireland have been making out like bandits on the exchange rate for months. The last few times I've been in Marks & Spencer's I've noticed that they have started ripping the UK prices off the dual-price tags on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Prince of Persia for 32.99 euro in HMV Grafton Street. Not 100% if this is a good deal, don't play the 360 and not sure how new the game is, but suited me.

Also Bomberman 2 and Elite Beat Agents were 20 and 25 euro respectively (used) still a hell of alot cheaper than Gamestop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement