Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Green man gaming:

Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition for €35.00 on green man gaming, valid until the 2nd of September 1100 UTC, use this code at the checkout GMG30-916H7-0TG16 (appears to be steam activated)
    Darksiders II for €35.00 as well with the above code, same time period.

From 1100 UTC September 2nd until 1100 UTC September 4th you can get 25% off of anything with GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO

Gamefly:

Square enix sale here, just cause 2 , thief, Deus Ex, few tomb raider and hitman games.

Quantum Conundrum for £2.49 as well, appears to activate on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dark Souls:Prepare to die edition - steam activated €18
    http://www.worldofcdkeys.com/en/dark-souls/?partner=dlcompare&currency=EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Skerries wrote: »

any strings attached?

i really should stay the feck from it and leave it for sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd always approach any site that has the word 'cdkeys' in the URL and selling Russian keys with a huge amount of caution.

Always get the distinct impression there's something extremely dodgy with a lot of such sites. If it's too good to be true, as they say...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We've discussed these sites before. They are shady looking but legit (-ish).
    Buyer beware.

any strings attached?

i really should stay the feck from it and leave it for sale.

Well I posted it on savygamer and they ran with it and it has been confirmed as good

http://savygamer.co.uk/2012/09/02/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-pc-14-27/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Far Cry Bundle €5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Half Life 2 €3.06 on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220

18 hours left at this price ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Metal gear solid hd collection is €15 for xbox 360 in Tesco! (at least in waterford anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tinie wrote: »
    Metal gear solid hd collection is €15 for xbox 360 in Tesco! (at least in waterford anyway)

They had a few others in our local too, like final fantasy XIII-2 for €15 but a quick check on a few online places suggests that price might not be that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tinie wrote: »

Is Mgs hd worth 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,392 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is Mgs hd worth 15?

??

Of course!

Its worth about 40e!

What a question!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is Mgs hd worth 15?

I've been waiting for it to drop in price for 6 months, and went ahead and bought it from Zavvi right before this bloody topic was updated.

/so bitter

From a feature perspective you get MGS2 (which I didn't like), MGS3 (which I haven't played but I heard is very good), and Portable Ops Peace Walker (which was a PSP exclusive) that has mission based combat, resource management and online co-op that makes it very similar to Monster Hunter game.

Also I'm not the only person to think that apparently, since they put actual Monster Hunter missions into the Portable Ops Peace Walker, so you can fight Wyverns and Flying Quadruped T-Rexes as optional end-game content.

All wrapped up together with HD graphics and Xbox achievements? That's worth €15 to me.

Looking at my receipt from Zavvi that was worth €27 to me actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,392 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I've been waiting for it to drop in price for 6 months, and went ahead and bought it from Zavvi right before this bloody topic was updated.

/so bitter

From a feature perspective you get MGS2 (which I didn't like), MGS3 (which I haven't played but I heard is very good), and Portable Ops (which was a PSP exclusive) that has mission based combat, resource management and online co-op that makes it very similar to Monster Hunter game.

Also I'm not the only person to think that apparently, since they put actual Monster Hunter missions into the Portable Ops, so you can fight Wyverns and Flying Quadruped T-Rexes as optional end-game content.

All wrapped up together with HD graphics and Xbox achievements? That's worth €15 to me.

Looking at my receipt from Zavvi that was worth €27 to me actually.

Not Portible Ops.

Peace Walker which is about ten times better in terms of gameplay, controls, story, music..everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

noodler wrote: »
    Not Portible Ops.

Peace Walker which is about ten times better in terms of gameplay, controls, story, music..everything.

Other than me mixing up the names of the PSP exclusive MGS titles, everything else I said still applies.

Is Mgs hd worth 15?

hand over your gaming license card now!

the impertinence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Skerries wrote: »
    hand over your gaming license card now!

the impertinence!

I know the games are or were fabulous I was asking what they play like now on the consoles!! Ie what is the quality of the port like?

Think that's a reasonable question!!??

I know the games are or were fabulous I was asking what they play like now on the consoles!! Ie what is the quality of the port like?

that's not what you asked but we'll allow it

i'm not sure on the ports but I definitely want to play them as the originals were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Crysis collection for 13.74 down from 55euro for weekend.

Is it worth it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They play just as well as they did originally , nostalgia glasses on or not in this case quality stands the test of time in terms of looks and gameplay.

Peace walker took some getting used to as it is different in terms of game play and controls, but I sunk over 70 hours into it, I'd not played that one 1st time around and to be honest once the main story is over it's then the game begins the extra op's are pure win.................. that said on xobx the lag was horrific and not worth playing unless you have friends playing it or at least a good team as communication and purpose are key to it.

The onlt thing I could possibly mark this down for otherwise is that I doesn't have metal gear solid / twin snakes in the package :mad:

Worth the asking price for Snake eater alone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Nolars wrote: »
    Crysis collection for 13.74 down from 55euro for weekend.

Is it worth it??

Might be interested in that, got a link handy for it?

Cheers

Edit:

Found it: On Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Might be interested in that, got a link handy for it?

Cheers

Edit:

Found it: On Steam.

Oh yea where i found it would have been handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Old Republic is €12.99/14.99 for the standard/deluxe editions on Origin.

Included 30 sub and will take you into the game going free in around a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Re operations racoon city 21.39 for xbox and ps3. Not the best game so buy at your own risk :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Shadow of the collosus collection for 20 euro in symths :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    Shadow of the collosus collection for 20 euro in symths :)

Not really a deal considering now where has it in stock cloud493 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not really a deal considering now where has it in stock cloud493 :rolleyes:
    Low stock New (no On Shelf Promise): Blanchardstown; Swords; Carrickmines; Mayo.

Low stock Pre Owned (€5 more): both Limerick stores; Galway.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad €4.49
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3039

• Advertisement

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad €4.49
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3039

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement