Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

MOH wrote: »
    Free PopCap game "Big Money" to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
    Can't access their site from work so can't post a link, but pretty sure it's mentioned on the main page

It's a bit old but mildly addictive, and free
    Have to sign up for a newsletter to get the game :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Picked up Condemned 2 brand new in Game for 12.99 yesterday. Pre-owned was selling for 15.99. Also got House of the Dead Overkill on Wii for 24.99 with RRP being 44.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

djkeogh wrote: »
    Picked up Condemned 2 brand new in Game for 12.99 yesterday. Pre-owned was selling for 15.99. Also got House of the Dead Overkill on Wii for 24.99 with RRP being 44.99
    What console?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

CutzEr wrote: »
    Have to sign up for a newsletter to get the game :/

Sorry, I'd forgotten about that. Thought you could use a disposable e-mail address to avoid it. Or unsubscribe to it. In fact, I got a mail asking me to confirm my signup to the newsletter which I never noticed until yesterday, and I've had no other mails from them except for the registration code, so I don't think I'm even signed up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Swizz wrote: »
    What console?

Sorry it was for the 360. Think the PS3 may have been a similar enough price though. It was Game in Blanchardstown that I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Just home from xtra vision, they had Skate 2 for the xbox 360 for €31.99 new!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/8697426/Persona-4/Product.html?cur=258

Persona 4 for 12.99!
    Slightly annoyed that I just got this last week from play for an extra tenner, considering its still sitting there while I finish the last game. But at least I got a free t-shirt out of the deal.

But still, a bargain for the most brilliant RPG series of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well thanks anyway Jonny, missed the last game (slightly happy I did from what I hear about the repetiveness) but can't ignore this for 13e.

Hopefully it doesn't go the same way as Odin Sphere as another PS2 game I don't get round to open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Balls just paid 25 euro for P4 and another 25 for P3 FES. Oh well, at least I'm absolutely loking Persona 3.

On a related note, xtra vision are having a bit of a sale, went in just for a look today after guitar lessons but I couldn't leave Mercury revolution meltdown for the Wii there when it was only 9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Balls just paid 25 euro for P4 and another 25 for P3 FES. Oh well, at least I'm absolutely loking Persona 3.

On a related note, xtra vision are having a bit of a sale, went in just for a look today after guitar lessons but I couldn't leave Mercury revolution meltdown for the Wii there when it was only 9.99.

wasn't the prussia st branch was it? I traded it in last year for 23 when I paid about 15 online :D

someone posted in regular bargain alerts about thehut/asda wii games sale. 64 titles around a tenner sterling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Bioshock Special Edtion €19.99
    Lost Planet €9.95
    Def Jam Icon €9.95

All Pre-Owned and 3 for 2 in XTRA-GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Only €10.49 on play

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/5310239/Sid-Meier-Civilization-Revolution/Product.html

Love this game.. well worth a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kev9652

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

noodler wrote: »

Cheaper everywhere else (because you can pay in sterling), so not really a bargain in this instance. [Link] :)

Left 4 Dead [PC] - £14.91

The Orange Box [PC] - £11.91

Thanks to muppetkiller for pointing out the sale. [Link]

Fnz wrote: »
    Cheaper everywhere else (because you can pay in sterling), so not really a bargain in this instance. [Link] :)

\
    Very True, didn't think shops would go that low in their sterling price.

Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I got The Orange Box X360 for 19.99 in GAME last week..5 games for a score, cant go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Left 4 Dead [PC] - £14.91

The Orange Box [PC] - £11.91

Thanks to muppetkiller for pointing out the sale. [Link]
    Looks like good value there. Asda charge £1 to ship to ireland per game isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ive never been charged for P&P on Gmaes/DVDs from asda..

• Advertisement

Looks like good value there. Asda charge £1 to ship to ireland per game isn't it?

As Mise said, no charge for delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

As Mise said, no charge for delivery.
    Thanks I just bought both. €28 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Do ASDA charge your Credit card when they dispatch?

Swizz wrote: »
    Do ASDA charge your Credit card when they dispatch?

Check out the 'help' section of their site:

http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/...ue&queryType=4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

No More Heroes (Wii) €10.99 in HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The following bundle on Steam for €9.99:

* Beyond Good and Evil
    * IL2 Sturmovik 1946
    * Far Cry
    * Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

A steal for the price....

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Skate 2 for both PS3 and Xbox 360 is €34.99 (or maybe €35.99...) in Xtravision. Cheaper than most places online, except for Amazon (won't ship to Ireland), and HMV (£25.99+£2.50 = ~€31 [url=http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=866131]PS3[/url).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A few nice things on sale in HMV

Skate (360) - 12.99
    NFS Pro street (360) - 6.99
    Buzz (ps2) - 10.99 (handy if you want the buzzers)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

A few nice things on sale in HMV

Skate (360) - 12.99
    NFS Pro street (360) - 6.99
    Buzz (ps2) - 10.99 (handy if you want the buzzers)

which buzz game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Theres a few different ones. I only remember the schools quiz one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement