Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Rage (PC - digital dl, registers on Steam) is £3.25 from Game.co.uk at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

DaLad wrote: »
    You can try use a proxy maybe?

I'm googling like a madman but keep coming across the usual 'helpful' people on threads saying origin are crap blah blah (armchair freedom fighter types) instead of answering the damn question. Driving me mental:mad:

Anyone know of a way to proxy Origin in the USA to bring joy to us EU folk. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭mcw92

I'm googling like a madman but keep coming across the usual 'helpful' people on threads saying origin are crap blah blah (armchair freedom fighter types) instead of answering the damn question. Driving me mental:mad:

Anyone know of a way to proxy Origin in the USA to bring joy to us EU folk. Help.

How about using a vpn? Such as Tunnelbear, and set to USA, and then voila?:cool:

Not entirely sure would that work for you though.

mcw92 wrote: »
    How about using a vpn? Such as Tunnelbear, and set to USA, and then voila?:cool:

Not entirely sure would that work for you though.

I've managed to use Netshade for Mac with a free vpn trial to logon to teh origin store via a web browser and it does appear to think I'm in the USA but I can't ad BF3 to the cart. The other 2 had no problems but I believe only when the 3rd is added is the discount applied.

When I add them via the download client it does let me add all 3 games but the price is $109.97

Anyone else trying to get this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I've managed to use Netshade for Mac with a free vpn trial to logon to teh origin store via a web browser and it does appear to think I'm in the USA but I can't ad BF3 to the cart. The other 2 had no problems but I believe only when the 3rd is added is the discount applied.

When I add them via the download client it does let me add all 3 games but the price is $109.97

Anyone else trying to get this?
    I think your origin account is region locked anyway, so if you don't have the vpm on if you play bf3 your account will be blocked or if you've registered it to ireland it won't work no matter what vpn you use. Honest advice, it'll cost you more in the long run if you log on by accident or an update messes something up and you oose all 3 games.Also the sale is rumoured to be on the europe site this week.or you can try g2play and a few other sites where bf3 is only a tenner anyway.

Meatwad wrote: »
    I think your origin account is region locked anyway, so if you don't have the vpm on if you play bf3 your account will be blocked or if you've registered it to ireland it won't work no matter what vpn you use. Honest advice, it'll cost you more in the long run if you log on by accident or an update messes something up and you oose all 3 games.Also the sale is rumoured to be on the europe site this week.or you can try g2play and a few other sites where bf3 is only a tenner anyway.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Can you link to the EU deal rumours if you have it. This is driving me crackers when I really should be working.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy BF3 and Premium at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Dead island GOTY edition is only a fiver on GMG now, might be good for people who wanna complete the first one before the new one comes out.
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/dead-island-game-year/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Can you link to the EU deal rumours if you have it. This is driving me crackers when I really should be working.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy BF3 and Premium at present.

Cheapest I've seen is around the 14 euro on kinguin
    http://www.kinguin.net/battlefield-series/battlefield-3-ea-origin-key.html
    g2play have it for 17

http://www.g2play.net/store/Battlefield-3-EA-Download-Manager.html

As far as a link goes its just rumours on different forums with people saying that usually with origin sales USA get it fiirst and europe a few days later.
    I'd hold off till the weekend and see how it goes.BF3 is amost always on sale on different sites.Keep an eye on this thread and if it comes up on sale I'm sure some one will have it up about it.
    Also keep an eye on this page as it adds all digital game deals availabe over the week
    http://digitalgamedeals.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Metro Last Light Ltd Edition €14 preorder (haven't used this site before but I heard its ok)
    http://gamesweplay.in/index.php/site/product_details/2187/pre-orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Metro Last Light Ltd Edition €14 preorder (haven't used this site before but I heard its ok)
    http://gamesweplay.in/index.php/site/product_details/2187/pre-orders

I got Tomb Raider from them(after it was released). Be sure you select digital delivery so they'll send the code. I did have to follow up with them when I didn't get the code after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

New Indie Gala Bundle

Rebuild
    Kill Fun Yeah
    Shadowgrounds
    Zombie Driver HD

Gimbal
    Shank 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Zombie Driver HD DLC + Soundrack

Pay what you want ( starting from 0.01$ ! ) to get Rebuild! Pay at least $1.00 to get also Steam / Desura games in the first row! Pay more than $5.64 to get everything !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stronghold collection is currently on sale on steam.
    This set includes : Stronghold 1, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, Stronghold 2 and Stronghold Legends. 1, Crusader, and Crusader Extreme are quality quality games. Stronghold 2 is decent but can be very frustrating economy wise.

As far as I'm aware, you can't launch the upgraded version directly through Steam. But you can still apply the patches to steam version and just launch them externally. So those three games alone for €5 is a bargain.

/begin rant on MS.
    Last year Firefly released a HD version that ran in newer operating systems with better textures and higher resolutions. It's only cost $5.99 and if you had the original game you could upgrade for free. Which, is why I'm baffled that this HD remake of AOE II costs so much. Does adding Steamworks really justify the price tag of €19? Anyways I digress, check out Stronghold folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Portal 2 - 5 euro on steam.

Everyone should own this game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Portal 2 - 5 euro on steam.

Everyone should own this game

€6.50 for Portal 1+2 bundle as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

I found Portal 1 to be very boring, although maybe I've changed enough to enjoy it, I might as well give it a go for that price ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

RaZzZz wrote: »
    I found Portal 1 to be very boring, although maybe I've changed enough to enjoy it, I might as well give it a go for that price ^^

conversely I loved portal 1 and the fact it did one thing so well and didnt outstay it's welcome. I bought Portal 2 and it never grabbed me that much and still only played a few hours of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

sweetie wrote: »
    conversely I loved portal 1 and the fact it did one thing so well and didnt outstay it's welcome. I bought Portal 2 and it never grabbed me that much and still only played a few hours of it.

yisser both heathens - they're both great :pac:

• Advertisement

Mass Effect 3 PC €3.52

use code GFDAPR20UK

Dragon Age II PC €4.68

use code GFDAPR20UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Skerries wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3 PC €3.52

use code GFDAPR20UK

Dragon Age II PC €4.68

use code GFDAPR20UK

can they be redeemed on origin or need to be played through gamefly client?

EDIT: you dont, i was emailed the key just now and redeems through origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I presume ME3 is well worth that price? Did they ever sell it on Steam, that's where I've played ME and ME2? Not much of a fan of Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ionapaul wrote: »
    I presume ME3 is well worth that price? Did they ever sell it on Steam, that's where I've played ME and ME2? Not much of a fan of Origin.

no was never on steam, i think its definitely worth it anyway, iv played all of them on xbox and also have the trilogy on pc, 1 and 2 on steam and 3 on origin, €3.50 is loose change really for a fantastic game

Hitman Absolution PC €9.59 Boxed but redeems on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 24 appiuscrispus

Don't think my computer has the minimum specs to run these games. :(

Seeing as how every one of those games are about 10 years old or older.

Unless you're running win98, you can run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is it worth getting the first mass effect to play through them all. Never played any of them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

Jet Black wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the first mass effect to play through them all. Never played any of them before.

I would,if I were you. The trilogy is very story driven (and it's a great story) so you'd be playing catch up if you started on 2 or 3.

It also helps that 1 and 2 can be got for cheap and are amongst the best games of their generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have mass effect 1 and 2 on xbox, mass effect 3 on psplus (ps3) and got mass effect 2in a pc bundle yesterday. Obviously I can get 3 cheap today, which platform is best to play on? I know you carry your character and choice across the three games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement