Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

Titan Quest Gold [Download]

Platform: Windows 2000 / XP
    File size: 3 KB
    Quantity purchased: 1

Product Code: QB8HZ-2YE8Y-263GJ

Please like / thank the post if it worked for you to let others know its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

platinums wrote: »
    Titan Quest Gold [Download]

Platform: Windows 2000 / XP
    File size: 3 KB

Product Code: QB8HZ-2YE8Y-263GJ

Please like / thank the post if it worked for you to let others know its gone.

Just tried it but has already been activated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I think I have a spare copy of Titan Quest around somewhere, but don't think it's the gold version. I'll send it on to you tomorrow if you want it, spix. Send me a pm if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

platinums wrote: »
    Nexuiz [Download]

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP
    File size: 3 GB

Product Code: EWAHK-Y8PHT-853CR

Activated. Cheers for that. Just so everyone else knows I won't be looking to activate any more as the 2 from yourself and Skerries is quite greedy enough for me. Thanks again lads, very much appreciated and hope to return the favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

I hate when people take a code and don't bother saying thanks. It's disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

taytothief wrote: »
    I hate when people take a code and don't bother saying thanks. It's disgusting.

There's always the possibility they might not even be registered on this site. But, yeah, the etiquette sort of sucks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jernal wrote: »
    There's always the possibility they might not even be registered on this site. But, yeah, the etiquette sort of sucks.

I've always gone with pm's when giving codes out, and only giving them to people who have posted here before. Nothing worse than someone just signing up for a free code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Man sad I missed the darksiders code just bought the tomb raider collection and am out of steam credit ATM, I just started pc gaming too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I normally buy a lot of the bundles (Steam whore :o ) so I usually have duplicates and I used to put them up on steamgifts but you don't get the credit anymore for games that are in bundles so I may as well give them out here
    So watch out for more codes in the future but I'll PM them in from now on

first 3 Hitman games €4.99 Steam Redeemable

F.E.A.R. bundle €10 Steam Redeemable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Some spare Steam keys incoming:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Product Code: PA7R8-B8RZT-EEZDI

Please thank the post after redeeming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Red Faction Guerrilla

Product Code: 8X6FX-9AHD4-ZCX9A

Please thank the post after redeeming to let others know it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ionapaul wrote: »

Product Code: Beeblebrox

Right folks, see this game here. Even if you can't redeem the code you need to play the STALKER series at some point. Seroiusly!
    To the person who redeems the code : PLAY IT! ! !

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Red Faction Guerrilla

Product Code: 8X6FX-9AHD4-ZCX9A

Please thank the post after redeeming to let others know it's gone.

Redeemed, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Product Code: PA7R8-B8RZT-EEZDI

tried redeeming this but its gone too. thanks ionapaul for offering up the codes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Might be an idea to create a seperate thread for giving out free codes etc, in which mods could spell out guidelines on donating/redeeming (I agree that PMs should be used in order to stop non-registered bastids from taking them).

Might be an idea to create a seperate thread for giving out free codes etc, in which mods could spell out guidelines on donating/redeeming (I agree that PMs should be used in order to stop non-registered bastids from taking them).

I second the idea of using PM's but I think it might be best to keep it in the gaming bargains thread to stop those who are just professional vultures refreshing every 10 seconds for their own selfishness and have no intent to help others find other non-free-code gaming bargains out there on the net. Just my 2 cents.

Code donors should also be permitted to only hand out codes if they feel the donee has helped others on the thread with bargain posts or other codes (if they feel thats appropriate). I prefer a give & take scenario rather than just take.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Also, it goes without saying that regular posters, long time users should get preference over a user who joined last month and has 2 posts, both asking for a code :P

Tinie wrote: »
    Also, it goes without saying that regular posters, long time users should get preference over a user who joined last month and has 2 posts, both asking for a code :P

Thats why I'd prefer to keep it on the Gaming Bargains thread as a user could have only a few posts but have been really helpful on the gaming thread whereas a long term boards user could have thousands of posts but done nothing to help out gaming bargains.

Waffling in AH for 1k posts shouldn't bump someone above a 10 post user who delivered serious gaming bargain results. Its easier for the donor to search this thread only to see what they've offered to the gaming masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

If a decision was made that it was to be PM only then i suppose its up to the discretion of the owner of the code. if they get 3 PM's, one has virtually no posts, one has 1000's of posts and the other has 50 but has put up some bargains on here then it should be at the owners discretion who they feel should get it. just my opinion on the matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    If a decision was made that it was to be PM only then i suppose its up to the discretion of the owner of the code. if they get 3 PM's, one has virtually no posts, one has 1000's of posts and the other has 50 but has put up some bargains on here then it should be at the owners discretion who they feel should get it. just my opinion on the matter

I'd have no problem supporting that proposal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

There's always the danger that cronyism could come into it, so I'll only be giving my codes to whoever wins in a gladiatorial fight to the death.

(or I might just use random.org to choose)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Personally I think we should all write 200 words on why you think you should get a parachute.

Quick question about something I've been trying to figure out: Is this thread just for PC games or all platforms? I know I've posted PC bargains here, PSN bargains in the PS Plus thread in the Playstation forum and Wii U bargains in the Wii U Bargains thread in the Nintendo forum.

Also does this thread cover consoles and accessories?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Once we don't wind up with the old steam sales issue of people setting up accounts specifically to start begging for free games, I don't mind a new thread or whatever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tried for the Stalker one, was gone and there was no Thanks on it - cheers asshole! :p

Big thank you to you Paul for donating the keys.

Angron wrote: »
    Once we don't wind up with the old steam sales issue of people setting up accounts specifically to start begging for free games, I don't mind a new thread or whatever.

The worst part of that was a certain user who begged for games and then started begging people to send him money on paypal. I was about to gift him a few games when I saw that he had over 60 games on Steam, most of which he had never played. Think his excuse when I called him on it here was that he didn't have the time to play them all. If you don't have the time to play the games you own, why beg for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

We should make an invite only thread for people who have 100+ posts in the gaming forum for codes. Also allow code donors in even if they don't have the posts.

Sum City 2000, Theme hospital and other classic EA titles roughly €2 each now on GOG.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The worst part of that was a certain user who begged for games and then started begging people to send him money on paypal. I was about to gift him a few games when I saw that he had over 60 games on Steam, most of which he had never played. Think his excuse when I called him on it here was that he didn't have the time to play them all. If you don't have the time to play the games you own, why beg for more.
    Kleptomania?

Angron wrote: »
    Kleptomania?

what platform is that on?

• Advertisement

Civ 5 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown ~€13.56

use code GFDMAY20UK

Steam Redeemable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement