Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭mcw92

lego batman for pc was 5€ or so on play.com not to long ago.
    not that it halps now though:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If anyone is in Australia, they can buy 3D Ultra™ Mini Golf Adventures for $0.10

Its a pricing mistake, and will be fixed. Still though . . . nearly free!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The only real deal there is men of war. Which seems like a right old bargain even though we are paying 33% more than the Americans.

I ended up getting MOW and, despite not being a huge RTS fan - and despite some dodgy voicework - I'm really enjoying it. Definitely worth the price of 1.5 pints.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

mickeyrooo wrote: »
    Good deal on ebay for practically new PSP slim with no reserve...heres the auction number

it looks good finishes next sunday
    Its a bit strange the way for shipping details to irelnd its free if you collect it in person, theres the option too, but theyre supposedly located in Croatia, and theres no collection in person option for any other countries, including croatia. Its not your auction is it mickyroo? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeyrooo

Yeah your right maybe just an error..people always make a mess of the postage..i always have to 'request a total' after i buy something coz the postage info is wrong or they didn't provide proper info. esp if the guy is selling from outside ireland and great britain.
    i sent a message to him ill see what he says and it might be mine if i put down a few bids...i always like a good deal

• Advertisement

He got back to me. Just a mistake said he'd try to fix it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

it looks good finishes next sunday

Unless its finishing in an hour or two, and is at a low price; your information is useless. You must have some vested interest in the sale.

Nothing with that much time remaining is going to have many bids.

i do have a 'vested interest' i wanted to buy it!!!! & maybe get some opinions about it..........and usually something good has a few bids on it early thats why i asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i do have a 'vested interest' i wanted to buy it!!!! & maybe get some opinions about it..........and usually something good has a few bids on it early thats why i asked...
    yeah right! you wouldnt post it here if you thought you could get a bargain thats not how ebay works just admit its your item?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Meanwhile in the world of Bargains, Harvey Norman in Swords have Ghostbusters for PS3 for €29.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,710 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Including Dawn of War II

My patience in this matter has paid off :) And now I may finally get back to squishing nid'lings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

was in gamestop this morning. 1.98 on selected pc games :eek:

Supreme Commander, Star Wars Galaxies, Alone in the Dark, Sim City Societies.

Anyone who has a pc, just get Supreme Commander. Its 1.98. Cant go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks cherryghost. Sent my mam in last week when i first heard about the offer but presumed it had finished up at thsi stage. I picked up mercs 2 for €1.98 cant really go wrong!

Supreme comander wasnt there though :(

This was in athlone btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Overheal wrote: »
    Including Dawn of War II

My patience in this matter has paid off :) And now I may finally get back to squishing nid'lings.

As if often the case with Steam offers, Dawn of War II can be bought cheaper in many other places (when it's in stock :) ).

It costs €24.99 on Steam (sale price). [Link]

It's less than £16stg, delivered, from a number of online stores. I wonder how many people gorge on these limited-time Steam sales, despite the fact that these are everyday prices. Well done to Valve for guessing just haw how impulsive/lazy/ignorant their audience is. :(

find-games.co.uk is a good site to compare prices. See DoW II prices here: [Link]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Fnz wrote: »
    As if often the case with Steam offers, Dawn of War II can be bought cheaper in many other places (when it's in stock :) ).

It costs €24.99 on Steam (sale price). [Link]

It's less than £16stg, delivered, from a number of online stores. I wonder how many people gorge on these limited-time Steam sales, despite the fact that these are everyday prices. Well done to Valve for guessing just haw how impulsive/lazy/ignorant their audience is. :(

find-games.co.uk is a good site to compare prices. See DoW II prices here: [Link]

I couldn't agree with you more. Instead of people just announcing what "special offers" are occuring on Steam, they should actually check to see if it is actually a special offer. A quick online search will tell you this.
    I was able to find Velvet Assassin last week on thehut.com for €9.99 when it was on "special offer" on Steam for €20.

So many times the Steam Special offers have been spammed here when they are not even special offers and are often cheaper in retail and other onlineoutlets.
    Let's stop the spamming and post some real bargains

Arma 2 is only €23 on Play.com. Haven't seen it cheaper than that. Think i might invest. Heard some promising things about it.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9004913/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/Product.html
    It's €47 on Steam, IF it was to go on special offer on Steam and even if they were to do thier usual special offer of 50% off they would be matching that price. Bargain i think.

Wheelman for PC is only €6.49
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3323681/Vin-Diesel-Wheelman/Product.html

Deadspace for PC is only £4.84 +delivery on Amazon.co.uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-Dead-Space-PC/dp/B0019840GW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1249382954&sr=1-8
    even cheaper if you buy it used on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

I believe Tesco is selling Fallout 3 for 14.99

So many times the Steam Special offers have been spammed here when they are not even special offers and are often cheaper in retail and other online outlets.
    Let's stop the spamming and post some real bargains
    Yeah, a little more effort would be appreciated, alright.
    Arma 2 is only €23 on Play.com. Haven't seen it cheaper than that. Think i might invest. Heard some promising things about it.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9004913/ARMA-II-Armed-Assault/Product.html Bargain i think.
    Slightly cheaper (£16 + P&P) at Zavvi.co.uk, according to find-games.co.uk again. [Link] ;)

Guys to follow up on cherrghosts post a few back.

Longford's Gamestop still has supreme commander for €1.98, the only other game of note in that price range was a battlefield 2145 Add on (I dont know the numbers!)

They had about 3 copies left of Supreme Commander and 2 of the battlefield

Steam Indie Game Sale.

10 Pack - €113.81 to €29.99

• Advertisement

so tempted.......

Play.com have a new sale up and running i think.

Just picked up Red Faction Guerilla for PS3 for €23
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/5211744/Red-Faction-Guerrilla/Product.html

although it also £17.99 on Amazon.co.uk +delivery. Bout the same then
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/THQ-Red-Faction-Guerrilla-PS3/dp/B0015XIEYA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249991906&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Saw a few of these on the counter in Argos in the Jervis Centre.

P.

Just saw this posting on Lifehacker.com.

It's a Firefox addon called invisible hand. It searches for the best price on several wesites. in both the uk and the us. and gives you links to them. Some bugs, but really good all the same. But doesn't include delivery in the quoted price. And it does seem to calculate some of the difference in prices between the € and £ wrongly. So be careful. minor problems.
    edit: in fact. It doesn't cover Euro prices at all. Just the pound.

I checked the price for Red Faction Guerilla on ps3. Seems to be prety accurate giving Amazon and play.com as the top prices. like i posted above.

Here's the link. on lifehacker.com
    http://lifehacker.com/5334708/invisible-hand-shows-you-the-best-web-prices-on-your-items

The link for the extension can be seen in that post too. Doesn't seem to slow down Firefox at all, at least not any noticable slow down that i can see.
    It makes it a hell of a lot easier to get a bargain online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

mirror's edge is a tenner in GAME, terrific game. lost via domus is only 7 euro for any Lost fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Yeah, a little more effort would be appreciated, alright.

Slightly cheaper (£16 + P&P) at Zavvi.co.uk, according to find-games.co.uk again. [Link] ;)
    You're both wrong :P

Only €13.99 on G2Play.

When it comes to games.. They win almost every time.

CutzEr wrote: »
    You're both wrong :P

Only €13.99 on G2Play.

When it comes to games.. They win almost every time.

I'm not wrong... it was slightly cheaper at Zavvi than at Play. :P

I forgot about the somewhat dubious g2play. They can be cheap alright, but they put up their prices (from half a pittance, to a full pittance) when they got more popular. It was around the time Steam introduced their European pricing. :)

Edit: I see they have Call of Duty: World At War [PC] for €13.99 at the moment.

I see they have Call of Duty: World At War [PC] for €13.99 at the moment.

And to think, that steam go and reduce it to half price, almost twice that of g2play.
    I've heard some stories about them and i'm not too sure if they are ok with Steam's terms of service. Anyone here use them? Trust them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

And to think, that steam go and reduce it to half price, almost twice that of g2play.
    I've heard some stories about them and i'm not too sure if they are ok with Steam's terms of service. Anyone here use them? Trust them?

A few people have used them without problems. However, they claim to get their keys (in boxed versions) from Asia where they are cheaper, then sell them on the site.

Have a read of this article:

http://www.thenewflesh.co.uk/?p=120

I've read some other sites claiming the owner of this company has been involved with various scam sites. But nothing concrete. I've also seen that at the moment, Valve can't detect the origin of these keys but if they ever can in the future, they may start deactivating them.

• Advertisement

A few people have used them without problems. However, they claim to get their keys (in boxed versions) from Asia where they are cheaper, then sell them on the site.

Have a read of this article:

http://www.thenewflesh.co.uk/?p=120

I've read some other sites claiming the owner of this company has been involved with various scam sites. But nothing concrete. I've also seen that at the moment, Valve can't detect the origin of these keys but if they ever can in the future, they may start deactivating them.

That article gives a fair enough assessment of the g2play service. I have bought 1 item from them and have had no trouble with it thus far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement