Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

And to think, that steam go and reduce it to half price, almost twice that of g2play.
    I've heard some stories about them and i'm not too sure if they are ok with Steam's terms of service. Anyone here use them? Trust them?

I ended up getting 4 used HL1 codes, before I got my 5th code which worked

All I will say is Pay with paypal, and if any problems occur, straight away email them and open a paypal dispute as "Used when doscribed as new"

My Source Multiplayer pack code worked grand though. Daemon tools is a bit tricky to use though :/

And the G2play code is a backup isn't it? You need the original disk/DL from a store/Steam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

They have 2100 Xbox Live points for €22 in Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

NTMK wrote: »
    They have 2100 Xbox Live points for €22 in Xtravision

Thats a normal price for 2100 points. You can get them for 16.99 pounds on livecodes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

HMV sell 4200 points for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ROCK BAND instrument set - Drums, Guitar, Mic 45 Euro !!

Smyths in Fonthill road

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Too Human 7 euro new in Game, Banjo Kazooie: N&B 12.99 in same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

jayteecork wrote: »
    Too Human 7 euro new in Game, Banjo Kazooie: N&B 12.99 in same.

Nice. Apparently Harvey Norman's are doing a big games sale this weekend. I was up there tonight checking out the 360 games, so far all I saw was:

Halo Wars 20euro
    Scene It with Buzzers 15euro
    Alone in the Dark 15euro
    Smackdown Vs Raw (not sure what year) 10euro

I asked the staff and they should be getting more by the weekend. Worth keeping an eye on anyway.

I might pop down to Harveys tomorrow morning so. I'll let yous know if I find anything

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

66% off all Half Life games this weekend and 10% off the Valve complete pack.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2737/

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

$17 for all things half life...

If only I didnt own them already.

Theyre giving them away.

500x_shamsteam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (Xbox 360) €25 New in GAME

Insta-buy for me, you get so much bang for your buck easily 70 hours, 2 discs, a huge manual and a map!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Fantasic price for a new game:

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10035801.product

Use the code "weekend10".

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Championship Manager 2010 preorder for as little as £2.51..

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1088?PHPSESSID=ff18293d3a2f165db86ba735b4b1af15

Havent played a Championship Manager, but think its worth taking a look at for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tiger Woods 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360 is €35 in ALL Amyths stores!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wouldn't bother going with the Steam deal on Fallout Collection. it costs €19.99 on Steam

It costs a total of £3.79 (plus delivery) on amazon.co.uk
    Bargain if you are into it?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/dp/B000FUD16A

although the box says it aint compatible with Vista, Might work for those who use Vista, but it's not supported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Hogzy wrote: »
    Tiger Woods 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360 is €35 in ALL Amyths stores!!!

Its 40 in symth on childers rd limerick, but its 35 in xtravision and Fight Night Round 4 is 35 in either gamestop or xtravision in the parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fnz wrote: »
    That article gives a fair enough assessment of the g2play service. I have bought 1 item from them and have had no trouble with it thus far.

Same here bought counterstrike code and Sims 3 off them and both download codes delivered within 24 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

New slimline PS3 out 01-Sep methinks. Current model now for sale in all Harvey Normans for €249 with 2 games. Great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is Gamestop the only shop in Ireland selling the Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition? Cause i didnt see it in HMV or in my local Xtravision.
    And does anyone know how much it is? My local gamestop was sold out of the collector's edition so they didnt tell me the price.
    New slimline PS3 out 01-Sep methinks. Current model now for sale in all Harvey Normans for €249 with 2 games. Great bargain.
    yep the slim is out september 1st. and wow thats a great deal! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Any idea what games are with that deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

assansins creed(new) on 360 11.99 in HMV, Patrick Street, Cork.

Guitar Hero on tour (with guitar grip) - DS

11.99 in HMV Grafton St.

They also had Fifa 07 for 2.98 on 360. Don't like football but bought it anyway. I'm terrible for things like that =/

Fifa 07 for 2.98?

What a waste! You could have bought a perfectly useful bag of dirt. Wait...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Any word on the expected lower limits to an older model PS3 price drop?

At the moment they've dropped to 299, but give it a few weeks till after the slim comes out and it'll probably drop again

Fifa 07 for 2.98?

What a waste! You could have bought a perfectly useful bag of dirt. Wait...:)

I know. I was at least hoping for easy achievements, but no :(

Looking for easy achievements... I've been there.

Got CSI a little while ago. It looked good on paper, 5 achievements equals 1000points, but then of course once you start playing... its no fun at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

moz wrote: »
    Any idea what games are with that deal?

There's a choice of games in the bundles, either Infamous or Killzone 2 plus one other game from the non-new releases. €249, a steal:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wing126 wrote: »
    Is Gamestop the only shop in Ireland selling the Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition? Cause i didnt see it in HMV or in my local Xtravision.
    And does anyone know how much it is? My local gamestop was sold out of the collector's edition so they didnt tell me the price.

I preordered it for €65 in stephens green. Not bad..... for a collectors edition. but i will be rightly p**sed off if they up the price on the day, i doubt they will though. I got told twice, over the phone, and in person that it was this price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

Sega Mega Drive Collection

Xbox 360

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8084351/Sega-Mega-Drive-Ultimate-Collection/Product.html

It was 40 in Gamestop when I was there a week ago, I nearly bought it too. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement