Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I preordered it for €65 in stephens green. Not bad..... for a collectors edition. but i will be rightly p**sed off if they up the price on the day, i doubt they will though. I got told twice, over the phone, and in person that it was this price.

65?! Wow thats much less than i thought it would be!. Now i just have to find somewhere that has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 gumballz

Same here bought counterstrike code and Sims 3 off them and both download codes delivered within 24 hours 9.gif

my friend also bought a code for sims too.. seems it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Smyths in Tallaght have the Orange Box on 360 second hand for a tener or new for a score. Only one second hand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Smyths in Tallaght have the Orange Box on 360 second hand for a tener or new for a score. Only one second hand though.
    They had it new on xbox & PS3 for €20 last time I was there.

But I wouldn't buy it if I were you, it is just terribile on PS3, and in the end to get the updates on xbox, you'll be paying alot more than €20..

Just get it on PC.. cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

CutzEr wrote: »
    They had it new on xbox & PS3 for €20 last time I was there.

Yeah this is what I meant by...
    Alan Rouge wrote: »

Score = €20 quid ;)
    But I wouldn't buy it if I were you, it is just terribile on PS3, and in the end to get the updates on xbox, you'll be paying alot more than €20..

Just get it on PC.. cheaper too.

What are you talking about :confused: ? Updates on the Xbox huh ? Cheaper on PC ? I don't have a gaming PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

It works on most pcs

go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com

and find team fortress 2. Click it

if it says you can run it, GET IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

nd tf2 on the pc is getting updated alot with 50 acheivements for each class and new weapons/ maps etc...
    and the biggest diffrence is 32 ppl online, on console its 16.... but theres nine classes which means 1 class will not be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 thegameguy

batman the new one in goldondiscs for 45 euro with a 10 euro to speed in store and can be used on the game so 35 euros bargain our what

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

thegameguy wrote: »
    for 45 euro with a 10 euro to speed in store and can be used on the game so 35 euros
    What do you mean?
    bargain our what
    I'm more of the ''or what?'' kind

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

dmcg90 wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I'm more of the ''or what?'' kind

He meant that Golden discs have batman Arkham asylum for 45 euro and they will give you a gift card worth 10 euro to spend in their store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Champions Online - £17.95 [Zavvi.co.uk]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

batman the new one in goldondiscs for 45 euro with a 10 euro to speed in store and can be used on the game so 35 euros bargain our what

what you talkin' 'bout, Willis? :D

Picked up Madworld on wii, £9.89, Skate 2 on ps3 11.89 in sendit wild wednesday sale just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Smyths are known for their bargains at the moment but it seems that is all about to change if this is to be taken seriously.

http://www.toys.ie/GT-5-PS3-!G11660-prod.aspx

Street Fighter IV [PC] - €18.99 on Steam this weekend. [Link]

Champions Online [PC] - €30 in Gamestop.

Doesn't specify on packaging or in the manual but the trial period is 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Some recent Ubisoft games on line for £9.99.

Far Cry 2
    Shaun White Snowboarding
    HAWX (£14.99)
    Prince of Persia
    Brother in Arms: HH

http://shop.ubi.com/editorial.asp?voir=737

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Braid is 4.50 on Steam

Get it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Braid is 4.50 on Steam

Get it.

Just bought it can came here to post that link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ronrar wrote: »
    Sega Mega Drive Collection

Xbox 360

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8084351/Sega-Mega-Drive-Ultimate-Collection/Product.html

It was 40 in Gamestop when I was there a week ago, I nearly bought it too. :o
    I already own a LOT of the games in that collection seperately on either VC or Live, but just couldn't resist...
    My credit card hates you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got Resident Evil 5 in Sainsburys in Newry for £19.99. Still seems to be full price in any other shop I've seen it.

That was for the Xbox but I think they had PS3 copies too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Quantum of Solace for Xbox 360 and PS3 is €11.99 in HMV or £9.99 here.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=834070

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just popped into HMV grafton street to pick up guitar hero 5 on a whim. Paid 45 euro but it came with a free t-shirt and free copy of guitar hero world tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 scutterykaks

Bought Halo Wars for 20 squid in Harvey Norman.... not my type of game.... suitable present though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Lips with 2 mics - 9.99 in Harvey Norman Nutgrove. Went there today with the intention of getting Dead Space but alas, I seen lips and got that instead

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Those mics work with Beatles Rockband and Guitar Hero 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cool thanks, was wondering if they did or not. Im guessing they work with GH:WT aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Madden 10 is €35 in xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Sacred 2 for the 360 is £10 in Zavvi's Mega Monday deal. Linky

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Don't know how good a deal this but COD:MW2 on the PC is €30.99 with free delivery on CDWOW. They also emailed me a €4 voucher this morning (which I've used sorry).
    I guess everyone who has bought from them recently got the same voucher.

http://www.cdwow.ie/games/PC/CALL-OF-DUTY-MODERN-WARFARE-2/dp/pc/9838937

EDIT: it's now €27.99, bugger should have waited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Mount and Blade is $5 on D2D, haven't played it but apparently it's a great game. Just about to order it myself. :pac:

http://www.direct2drive.com/1/6680/product/Buy-Mount-and-Blade-Download

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement