Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and if you're an inventory sorting fetishist

that game scratched an itch I hadn't scratched in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Yeah. Seems most recent FPS/RPG games have really toned down the amount of choice you have in building your character. A shame TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Metro Last Light (PC Steam Code) for ~ €14.25 at Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

farna_boy wrote: »
    Is that for steam or just for download from amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it looks like the standard version played through Uplay as the Steam version is 40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Terraria?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Terraria?

Steam when it goes on sale for €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Occono wrote: »
    Steam when it goes on sale for €2.50.
    Hopefully it wont be too long until it is on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

MGS Legacy Collection going for under 7 euro, delivery brings it up to 17 euro, still very cheap.
    http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-paOS-13-49-en-70-70l7.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The full injustice game and superman dlc is free on moroccan xbox live marketplace.

Other things that are free there are:
    Unbound Saga
    Dungeon Fighters LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre
    Capsized
    Mars: War Logs
    Flashback
    Dragons Lair
    Sonic Adventure
    Bloodforge
    Diabolical Pitch

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ar-MA/Product/Injustice-des-dieux-parmi-nous/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520829?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

OK, I have created a new Moroccan XBL account but now that that account's region is set to Morocco, how can I attach my credit card details to it without alarms going off in the bank? Even though the game is free, Microsoft wants me to put in CC details. Even if I click the link to enter a code (like if I had bought MS points), it still wants CC details before I can put in the code.
    I guess MS is just closing all the loopholes associated with this type of messing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    OK, I have created a new Moroccan XBL account but now that that account's region is set to Morocco, how can I attach my credit card details to it without alarms going off in the bank? Even though the game is free, Microsoft wants me to put in CC details. Even if I click the link to enter a code (like if I had bought MS points), it still wants CC details before I can put in the code.
    I guess MS is just closing all the loopholes associated with this type of messing! :)
    You don't need to add cc details if you purchase from the console and not the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

wexdevil wrote: »
    You don't need to add cc details if you purchase from the console and not the website

No can do either, unfortunately. I imported the new account onto the console but when I log in with that profile it says (in French) that I can't access XBL with it. It was worth the try but MS wins this time *shakes fist*.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

No can do either, unfortunately. I imported the new account onto the console but when I log in with that profile it says (in French) that I can't access XBL with it. It was worth the try but MS wins this time *shakes fist*.

ye same as this, disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Why Moroccan?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

New Humble Bundle is out. Humble Indie Bundle 9 http://www.humblebundle.com

Pay what you want for
    Trine 2: Complete Story
    Mark of the Ninja
    Eets Munchies
    Brütal Legend

and beating the average gets
    Fez
    FTL: Faster than Light

Not much good to me since I already own them all! If you don't have Trine 2 or Mark of the Ninja, do yourself a favour and get them at least now.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

How I did it with the moroccan one(to get capsized) was to download the trial on my regular account and then sign into the new account to unlock it to the full version

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Lads seriously who's going to buy indie titles when they show up in these humble bundles in a few months.

I've paid good money for trine 2, Mark of the ninja, fez, and FTL lately and am pissed I could have gotten them for literally half nothing if I waited a bit. Heck, fez is the only game I've played out of the ones I've bought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

welkin wrote: »
    Lads seriously who's going to buy indie titles when they show up in these humble bundles in a few months.

I've paid good money for trine 2, Mark of the ninja, fez, and FTL lately and am pissed I could have gotten them for literally half nothing if I waited a bit. Heck, fez is the only game I've played out of the ones I've bought

I buy indie games to support the developers of said games. I then buy the humble bundles at over average price to help them again and charities in one swoop.

Even if I have the games and I almost always do I will still get the bundle to support them

And heck you get to play them earlier than the people who got the bundle only so that is another perk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The same people who buy games at full price at launch. You pay more to have the game now or wait and get it cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just because it's pay what you want, doesn't mean that it's worth half nothing. IMO, the devs deserve a reasonable amount for going out there releasing their work DRM free and on this payment model. To be honest, most of my spending seems to go on the indie games as I just have too many gripes with quality shortfalls in the big games.
    Trine 2 was well worth the money when I got it and I'm delighted to have a DRM free version to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I'm in the same situation as you but I got them all at prices I was willing to pay at the time (almost all in sales). You're falling victim to hindsight bias. There was no way of knowing if or when those games would show up on the Humble Bundle. In the grand scheme of things, very few games do and the majority of Humble Bundle games are ones that I, personally, would not have otherwise bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure it's the same in a lot of cases. Buying games on release that are then about half the price about a month later. Or then with PS+, I've loads of games on my shelf that were given away as part of the Instant Game Collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Hitman Pack including all 4 games ~€6.75 Steam Redeemable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Skerries wrote: »
    Missing the 3rd game in the series Hitman: Contracts. Never cot a Steam release so that'll explain why it's missing. Had my heart jumping there for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Skerries wrote: »

Hate to rebump a constantly discussed topic, but I set my "1-click order default address" to be in America, and I'm getting the "US customer only" message when I try to buy.

Is there a different part of my account I need to change to a US address?

(Also very incidentally, I notice my dummy US address is in Ohio, does anyone have one handy from one of the no-sales-tax states?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

1249 Tongass Avenue
    Suite B
    Ketchikan, Alaska 99901
    United States
    Phone: (907) 225-0999

Some Alaskan Travel agent will do perfectly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hate to rebump a constantly discussed topic, but I set my "1-click order default address" to be in America, and I'm getting the "US customer only" message when I try to buy.

Is there a different part of my account I need to change to a US address?

Ah, nevermind folks, I worked it out.

It was the billing address specifically tied to the credit card I was using under billing options NOT the "1 click order" default address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

PSN has GTA IV complete edition up at the fair price of €7.99

The Package includes "GTA 4", "The lost and the damned" and "The ballad of gay tony". The download is roughly 14GB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement