Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Missing the 3rd game in the series Hitman: Contracts. Never cot a Steam release so that'll explain why it's missing. Had my heart jumping there for a second.

oh yeah! it's the only one I didn't play on the PC, I borrowed it from a mate and played it on the PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Dishonored ~€4.95 on Nuuvem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

farna_boy wrote: »

steam redeem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

steam redeem?

says in a box to the left of the description that it's steam activated.

I've never used Nuuvem before, is there any trick to it or do you just buy as normal as you would anywhere else and redeem the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Pangea wrote: »
    MGS Legacy Collection going for under 7 euro, delivery brings it up to 17 euro, still very cheap.
    http://www.play-asia.com/metal-gear-solid-the-legacy-collection-paOS-13-49-en-70-70l7.html

Bah, it was a mistake. I ordered it and then the next day got an email saying they screwed up and it was supposed to be €60 or however much so they cancelled all orders.

I would have accepted that but it was pretty annoying that they went on about how sorry they were and then as an apology, issued a 10%-off voucher that is valid only for the next 6 months and which with a maximum discount of €10. Thanks for turning your mistake into a thinly-veiled marketing ploy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

C14N wrote: »
    Bah, it was a mistake. I ordered it and then the next day got an email saying they screwed up and it was supposed to be €60 or however much so they cancelled all orders.

I would have accepted that but it was pretty annoying that they went on about how sorry they were and then as an apology, issued a 10%-off voucher that is valid only for the next 6 months and which with a maximum discount of €10. Thanks for turning your mistake into a thinly-veiled marketing ploy :mad:

Would you rather they offered you no apology and no voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

New Humble Weekly Bundle with retro shooters
    $1 or more for
    Serious Sam First & Second Encounter HD
    Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
    Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition

Pay $6 or more and get System Shock 2 and Hard Reset Extended Edition as well

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Would you rather they offered you no apology and no voucher?

I would have been fine with just the apology. The voucher is what annoyed me. It's just so miserable and with such restraints that it's basically worthless, it seems to to more good for them than for the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I would have been fine with just the apology. The voucher is what annoyed me. It's just so miserable and with such restraints that it's basically worthless, it seems to to more good for them than for the customer.

They don't have to give you anything though. No point getting upset over them offering you something to say sorry. They weren't going to throw ya a 50% discount on something. I'm assuming they got a good few orders on it. I don't think it was an underlying thing, that they wanted people to come to the website. I think it was an honest mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I.. don't understand..

They're giving him something.. for FREE.. As an apology for their mistake..

And he's annoyed? :confused:

• Advertisement

well it's not free it's the possibility of getting something slightly cheaper

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Skerries wrote: »
    well it's not free it's the possibility of getting something slightly cheaper

Well, it's a lot of fuss to make over a miss price.

well I think Miss Price is worth making a lot of fuss over, she's hot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Well, well, well

yes, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, less horse **** peddling, and more Bargains!

oooh! ger her!

new indie gala out
    http://www.indiegala.com/sigma

Star Gunner for free

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Bargains to be had in the pre-owned games section of HMV. I was in the Dundrum store today and got:
    • Bioshock Ultimate Rapture edition (1 + 2 + all DLC) for €10 (all content is on disc) and
    • Racedriver GRID Reloaded for €5.

Both games were marked as pre-owned but were in fact new and unused but had to be sold as pre-owned because they were old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

60% off Square Enix games at gog.com http://www.gog.com/promo/square_enix_weekend_promo_130913

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

ALiasEX wrote: »

Pandemonium 1 and 2! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I still play those on my ps2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Where is the cheapest place to preorder Fifa 14 on origin?

Danger781 wrote: »
    I.. don't understand..

They're giving him something.. for FREE.. As an apology for their mistake..

And he's annoyed? :confused:

It's not something free though, it's pretty much them going "hey we screwed up, we're so sorry about this, we hope you understand. Now how about giving us money by buying something else? Do it quick though and don't get anything moderately expensive".

Like I said, they made a mistake and that doesn't bother me. Mistakes happen. I just don't appreciate having an advertisement included in the apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Wow, you're something else aren't you? :p

They're not holding a gun to your hear and forcing you to spend any money with them. It was an honest mistake and they're trying to rectify it as best they can with an apology and gesture of good will, it's good business practice. 99% of normal people would appreciate the effort of a voucher, even if they don't use it.

It's not something free though, it's pretty much them going "hey we screwed up, we're so sorry about this, we hope you understand. Now how about giving us money by buying something else? Do it quick though and don't get anything moderately expensive".

Like I said, they made a mistake and that doesn't bother me. Mistakes happen. I just don't appreciate having an advertisement included in the apology.

Bloody hell but you'd swear that they took your dog out back and put it down. First off the game was obviously a misprice and you knew as much when you tried to order it. It was just a matter of time before they saw and corrected the mistake. They then apologies and said hers a few discount code that you can use if you want to. You seem to take it as a personnal insult and really overreacted. It was a small gesture on their behalf and certainly not something yo get this worked up over.

MOAR FREE STUFF FOR XBOX

This time on Oman marketplace.
    Arcade:
    WRC Powerslide
    Unbound Saga
    Dungeon Fighters LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre
    Capsized
    Mars: War Logs
    Flashback
    Dragons Lair
    Sonic Adventure
    Bloodforge
    Diabolical Pitch
    Ikaruga

Retail:
    Dark
    Sherlock Holmes: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
    Arcania
    Injustice (requires changing console locale to Austria to start download)
    JD Disney party

DLC:
    Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Clock Strikes At Meat Night
    Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Full Metal Rocket
    Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Medieval Horror
    Metro Last Light Faction Pack
    Saint's Row IV Season Pass
    Saint's Row IV Executive Privilege Pack
    Hitman: Absolution Contracts Pass
    Injustice Skins

Other stuff:
    GTA V
    Diablo 3 - All avatar Items
    Grand Theft Auto V - All avatar items and 1 gamerpic pack
    Alien Spidy - Between a Rock and a Hard Place (DLC)
    Disney Infinity (All avatar items)
    Thief (All avatar items)
    Scourge: OutBreak - Premium Theme (Theme)
    MotorGP13 - Picture Pack 2 (there is a little TM after GP)
    Dragon Age Origins - Return to Ostagar (DLC)

1) go to outlook. Com and create a new email account in the Oman country

2) go to Xbox.com and sign in with the email addrese you just created.

3) change Xbox region on website to Oman

4) go on xbox and download the profile of the new account

To search for the games, as marketplace is broken for oman accounts, my games > x on any game > press y and search for the game you want.

These are the current stuff thats been found. Plenty of free avatar and picture stuff also there. More being found as people search for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\ tried this, pressing y does nothing.

ShaneU wrote: »
    /\ tried this, pressing y does nothing.

Go to your recent games, highlight a game, press x on it, then press Y to search for the free games. Its working for everyone else including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have it working now

To get Injustice: Gods Among Us Only you need to do the following workaround
    Set your SYSTEM locale to Austria.
    Sign in to any account then immediately sign out.
    The home screen should have a tile with superman on it now under the FIFA 14 tile.
    Click it.
    You should see Injustice as 30% off.
    Sign in to your Oman account now.
    Click the Injustice sale tab and you won't get the error and it will show up as free instead of the sale price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

10%-off voucher that is valid only for the next 6 months
    That's actually a really long lifespan for a token apology. Steam coupons seem to last about a week now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement