Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CD only

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

As pointed out in the GameStop thread:

Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition (art book, comic, bonus DVD, exclusive in-game armour) for the Xbox 360 is €35 in Gamestop. It's also part of their €5. The regular edition is also €35, but can be got cheaper elsewhere (online, HMV).

edit: here's a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

could i reg the dragon age game on steam or is it cd only?
    You can register it on the EA dowloader. I did. And, you can download the digital version of the same game whenever you want. I've done it with Deadspace, DragonAge and Mass Effect 2.
    http://yfrog.com/4w56778054g

Cant be added to Steam though. But when it comes to Dragonage, Mass Effect etc...do you really need it to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

as i have both a mac and pc I'd prefer things to be steam. that way I'd don't have to buy things twice. just a personal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

You can register it on the EA dowloader. I did. And, you can download the digital version of the same game whenever you want. I've done it with Deadspace, DragonAge and Mass Effect 2.
    http://yfrog.com/4w56778054g

Cant be added to Steam though. But when it comes to Dragonage, Mass Effect etc...do you really need it to be?

Nice one ....picked up my copy today. Wasn't labelled as part of 5 euro special but they gave it to me when I asked them...super deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

just thought i'd mention it since i bought it today

Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (Wii)

GAME : 45 euros (-10% student discount if applicable so ~40.50)
    HMV : 40 euros
    Gamestop : 35 euros (-5% student discount if applicable so ~33.25)

ah bollox it's £18 on Zavvi >:( should've checked online first!

Please let me know if someone finds Ghostbusters (360) or GoWar Collection (PS3) for cheaper!
    Ghostbusters - £16 on Zavvi
    GoWar Collection - £18 on Zavvi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I saw madworld for wii for 5.99 in HMV on grafton street yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I saw madworld for wii for 5.99 in HMV on grafton street yesterday.

It's the same price in HMV in Dundrum too, but some of them come with a free soundtrack CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Tony Hawk Ride (with the board) is 49euro in Harvey Normans...
    ... but I checked out a few reviews and apparently its terrible.
    I'm really not even sure if I should post this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

it's true, it got really badly slated by everyone who played the game. Apparently the peripheral sucks and doesn't work well on a basic level!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

yeah i don't think you should be tempting people... the game doesn't work... how it passed testing is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Saw both of the above in HMV Grafton St. The Band Hero comes with the peripheral. Loads of them; the 4-player Buzz quizs (complete with buzzers) include ones about Hollywood, music, study(!), and dinosaurs.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lost Planet 2 pre-order with some bonus Monster figure is €31 pre-order on Zavvi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Grand Theft Auto 4 on the pc for £3.95 from Direct 2 Drive.

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/7397/product/Buy-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Download

Kiith wrote: »
    Grand Theft Auto 4 on the pc for £3.95 from Direct 2 Drive.

http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/2/7397/product/Buy-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Download

There's other great bargains there, including Supreme Commander for £2.50, Men of War for £1.95, Arma 2 Gold for £8.95.

P.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/

Each game is €2.50, or both for a fiver.

EDIT: Just to note that if you buy it, it's recommended you install the following updates:

1. DX10 renderer: Allows you to play the game at modern resolutions (including widescreen) with fancy graphical options: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

2. Deus Ex Fixer 1.1: Utility that allows you to set a few tweaks; I'd recommend it just that you can have a non-scaling Gui: http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

If you're on Windows 7 or Vista and have a Creative soundcard, add the Deus Ex pathname in the Creative Alchemy app; that got rid of crackling for me.

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/6910/

Each game is €2.50, or both for a fiver.

Despite my distaste for the ridiculous Steam pricing across regions, I cannot really argue with that price for those games. Actually started playing through the original one this morning. Coincidence?? I think not. Pretty much a must buy.

Also.
    Star Wars:Knights of the Old Republic is also on special in D2D for €3.50 or £3.95........ YOU CHOOSE (here's a hint, choose €)
    http://www.direct2drive.eu/3/8381/product/Buy-Star-Wars:-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-Download

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Well, this isn't really a "bargain" but I thought I'd share it, anyway:

paysafecard is giving away £10 pscs (for online gaming etc.) in a raffle right now ...
    The link is:
    http://www.paysafecard.com/uk/promotions/karos/

• Advertisement

A few assorted PC games on sale in a bin at the front of the store - mainly Sims and kiddies games for a quid. Did get Space Siege for 97p (1 copy still there), plus - on the right hand side as you enter - there's a few (5?) copies of Mercenaries 2 for €1.97.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

G2Play.net are doing Bad Company 2 for €20.

Have got Crysis from them twice (one for my brother) with no issues, friend got BC2 off them near release and is playing away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

G2Play.net are doing Bad Company 2 for €20.

Have got Crysis from them twice (one for my brother) with no issues, friend got BC2 off them near release and is playing away.

Are these the guys who buy cd-keys in eastern european countries where the games have been priced extremely cheap then sell to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

oceanclub wrote: »
    There's other great bargains there, including Supreme Commander for £2.50, Men of War for £1.95, Arma 2 Gold for £8.95.

P.

Has anybody been able to buy supreme commander gold I keep getting an IP restricted error on the eu and uk sites?

dloob wrote: »
    Has anybody been able to buy supreme commander gold I keep getting an IP restricted error on the eu and uk sites?
    Very odd. Not bought it myslef, but I did buy ArmA Gold for €5 and had no problems with it whatsoever. Maybe try deleting your cookies/internet history. Long shot, but it might work. Although I doubt it.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Very odd. Not bought it myslef, but I did buy ArmA Gold for €5 and had no problems with it whatsoever. Maybe try deleting your cookies/internet history. Long shot, but it might work. Although I doubt it.:o

It's strange all right I have purchased other stuff before, direct2drive support suggest trying a different ISP.
    I've tried at work and on the mobile and got the same thing.
    I just tried knights of the old republic and I get the IP restricted error on the eu site but not on the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I tried to buy 4 games when D2D had a previous sale. Only ended up with 3 as one of the titles, Civilization IV, claimed to be unavailable in my region.

Sound like you're experiencing the same issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Steam weekend deal for Call of Duty 4 - €12,49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I had this with another game, Call of Cththuuuuluuuu (or however it's spelt). Sent an e-mail off to the support crowd and was told the reason I couldn't buy the game was because my ISP was being routed through Amsterdam (which clearly isn't in the EU either). Regardless, I discovered afterwards I could have bought it by setting my location to America.

Edit: Hmmm, I can't buy Supreme Commander in Dollars or Euro but I can buy it in Sterling, weird.

Maybe you could get someone to gift it to you as that's what I've done in the past to overcome the IP restriction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement