Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rome total war 2.50 on D2d.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sega complete pack €60

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4349

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ShaneU wrote: »

europe actually got the much sweeter deal this time round. you should see the american one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Shzm wrote: »
    This games awesome. Checked out the demo and got hooked

The demo is well worth the D/L. Unfortunately it looks like my crappy computer chuggs along even at the lowest settings. There are a couple of annoying over-sites, for example, not being able to clear forests and road construction. Still, the full game is well worth the €7.50, I imagine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ShaneU wrote: »

It's not on the list, but add The Club to that too. I just bought the lot and that popped up on my Steam too.

Not a fan of some of Sega's ports in recent years, but I love the Total War series, as well as Outrun, Football Manager and Sega Rally series. Well worth the money imo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Shzm wrote: »
    This games awesome. Checked out the demo and got hooked

Is tropico really that good? Thinking of getting it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I've enjoyed my few plays, but like most strategy games, find it hard to find the exact links between cause and effect. (Shooters are so much simply; put enough bullets in brain and man/zombie/Nazi dies.)

P.

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Yes. It's really good. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

R_H_C_P wrote: »

For the money its fantastic (based off the demo). However, theres a good few people having issues with it, check out the steam forum for examples. Personally mine gets stuck on the loading screen, and as yet I haven't been able to play the full game.

Aliens Vs Predator is €16 in Game on Dawson St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

is it any use though? seemed like a big disappointment going by the reviewers

I wasn't blown away by my experience, and I'm not the only one. Admittedly that was based on a 10 minute session in the basement of HMV.

I debated long and hard with myself in the shop whether I should buy the game or not. It wasn't unlike the "ketchup/ catsup" scene from the Simpsons. Fiscal concerns won out in the end and I left empty handed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I saw it for similar money in Game in Limerick. €15.99, I think, for the PC version.
    Ended up getting Metro 2033 Limited Edition (see above) in the end.

It's a game I might pick up at some stage but it's not on my list of must haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Fifa World Cup for PS3 and Xbox 360 is €36.35 in Argos at the moment, link for PS3 version below.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9251465/Trail/searchtext%3EFIFA.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Xtra Vision is worth a look for their 2nd hand games.

The Darkness - €10
    Dead Space - €10
    Red Faction Guerilla - €10
    Prince of Persia (steelbook too) - €10
    Rainbow Six Vegas - €10

HMV have (all new):
    Grand Theft Auto IV for €18
    Bioshock 1 - €15
    Fallout 3 - €16

I know those games wouldn't be considered new releases but for the prices they're well worth a go if you haven't played them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Left 4 Dead XBOX is €15 new in Xtradeal in Tallaght Sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

FEAR with exp packs €9 on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/just-cause-2/10059879.html

13.98 GBP (12.99 + 99p P&P) = 16.3854 EUR

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Dawn of War II Specials on Steam this weekend:

DoW II: €14.99
    DoW II: Chaos Rising: €14.99
    Diw II Gold (incls Game + Expansion): €27.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Sins of a solar empire is €3 on impulse this weekend. No excuse for not buying this now. Great game.
    Demigod is 8 quid as well

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sins of a solar empire is €3 on impulse this weekend. No excuse for not buying this now. Great game.
    Demigod is 8 quid as well

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/onsale

if you're buying demigod, be warned.. its crap as a singleplayer game, seriously crap.

how's this for a great deal. i traded in the following at my local gamestop:

left 4 dead 2,
    GTA 4
    and mass effect 2

and i got the following NEW not secondhand games for 25 yoyos:

alan wake ,collectors edition,
    alien vs predator,
    and lost planet 2.

BITE MY BUM XTRAVISION :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

if you're buying demigod, be warned.. its crap as a singleplayer game, seriously crap.

Also be warned, the online community isn't the friendliest. Expect to get called a "noob" a lot. I wouldn't be averse to battling some people from on here, be warned though, I'm ultra noobish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just Cause 2 (PC) on Zavvi for €17 delivered.

Activates through Steamworks as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Posted this on Bargain Alerts but said I'd stick it in here for this thread's subscribers :)

Ok guys was in buying a phone in Argos Liffey Valley and was waiting at the collection points, anyway I was looking at the shelves behind the counter and stacked there was about 20 PS3 versions of Modern Warfare 2 with the price €21.49 beside them, didn't see any other version only PS3, and if you check online it's still shows full price, not sure if any other stores have them but Liffey Valley has them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i dunno if it's good value but Zavvi's sale of the week is Super Street Fighter IV for 22 euros (+1 euro delivery)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i dunno if it's good value but Zavvi's sale of the week is Super Street Fighter IV for 22 euros (+1 euro delivery)
    Just a shame it'll take an age to arrive.

Ordered Bioshock 2 on May 13th. Got the obligatory "sorry for the delay" email on the 20th and then dispatched on the 25th. Still waiting but have a feeling it'll be waiting for me at home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

jaykhunter wrote: »

HMV have it on sale for 22.99 I think. So 1 cent cheaper and no wait for delivery :D It's in a "special" cardboard slip too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ah yeah, even if it's 1 euro in the difference i'd much rather pick it up than wait a week or two

lol it's 21.99, i hate price rhetoric :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

anyone know where i could pick up dirt cheap fallout 3 with all expantions " editione" :D

and dragon age+expantion?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement