Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

and dragon age+expantion?

Assuming PC because of your other thread.

Cheapest dragon age = £11.89 @ sendit.com. Free delivery.
    Cheapest expansion = £10.27 (incl 21% vat) @ amazon.co.uk. Free delivery if you spend £25.

Unless anyone knows of any better deals.

Sources.
    http://www.find-games.co.uk/8998-dragon-age-origins.htm#B002BWONIU
    http://www.find-games.co.uk/22249-dragon-age-origins-awakening.htm#B00368C37Q

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Monotype wrote: »
    Assuming PC because of your other thread.

Cheapest dragon age = £11.89 @ sendit.com. Free delivery.
    Cheapest expansion = £10.27 (incl 21% vat) @ amazon.co.uk. Free delivery if you spend £25.

Unless anyone knows of any better deals.

Sources.
    http://www.find-games.co.uk/8998-dragon-age-origins.htm#B002BWONIU
    http://www.find-games.co.uk/22249-dragon-age-origins-awakening.htm#B00368C37Q

i found an fallout 3 add on back for 3pounds, and it says they dont ship to my place, aaa ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

i found an fallout 3 add on back for 3pounds, and it says they dont ship to my place, aaa ffs :(

Just note that there's two add on packs and neither contain the mothership zeta expansion.

(PS, I don't think this thread is supposed to be for bargain requests)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Monotype wrote: »
    Just note that there's two add on packs and neither contain the mothership zeta expansion.

(PS, I don't think this thread is supposed to be for bargain requests)

Well its a bargain thread. :rolleyes:

I actually not interested in mother ship one... i got 1k points for about half year, newer spended them. So i guess ill buy 1.5k points and get 3 expantions, but which ones exclude :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

Any red dead redemption on ps3 baragains? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    ah yeah, even if it's 1 euro in the difference i'd much rather pick it up than wait a week or two

lol it's 21.99, i hate price rhetoric :(

For anyone that cares, first time orderer off Zavvi, ordered Ghostbusters for Xbox for 15 pounds last thursday, came today, so took 1 week. Not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Never thought of it before, but Cash Convertors sell a lot of console games - was in there today and they had everything from Snes to 360 games, the more modern ones being far better priced then Gamestop/Game. Modern Warfare 2 24.99, for example. Got World at War for 14.99. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Never thought of it before, but Cash Convertors sell a lot of console games - was in there today and they had everything from Snes to 360 games, the more modern ones being far better priced then Gamestop/Game. Modern Warfare 2 24.99, for example. Got World at War for 14.99. :)

Whoa whoa whoa!! Which one sells SNES games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are they second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are they second hand?
    Almost definitely, Cash Converters deal in second hand goods mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Where is that place at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Cash Converters have 3 stores in Ireland at the moment. 2 in Dublin, 1 in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Supreme Commander 2 for £10 on the Game.co.uk download service.

The game activates through Steam though so you don't need to worry about using Game's crappy download service, just grab the activation key.

Supreme Commander 2 for £10 on the Game.co.uk download service.

The game activates through Steam though so you don't need to worry about using Game's crappy download service, just grab the activation key.

Does that work with all their games? The prices on game are much better than steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

ShaneU wrote: »
    Does that work with all their games? The prices on game are much better than steam.

No, only the games listed here can be activated on Steam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Region specific one here, but anyone in the Bray area there's a new Xtravision clearout store down at Superquinn in Bray (just a few units down from the actual Xtravision there). Some good bargains to be had - picked up Little Kings Story for 9.99 - and had a few others at around the same price, such as Indiana Jones Lego on the PS3 and Okami for the Wii. There are also a load of unboxed games and DVDs going cheap - saw Rogue Galaxy for 99c with only the disc and manual. Mostly older stuff, but might pick up a cheap bargain or too if you're nearby.

Wii buying:
    Black Wii Sports Resort Bundle & Galaxy 2 on Amazon.co.uk for €230.

Any downside to this?
    Anyone know wow much would it be in HMV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wii buying:
    Black Wii Sports Resort Bundle & Galaxy 2 on Amazon.co.uk for €230.

Any downside to this?
    Anyone know wow much would it be in HMV?

GAME are selling Wii's for 160 euro brand new at the moment. Can't see Galaxy 2 costing more than 45 euro when it's released, so save yourself 25 quid.

• Advertisement

GAME are selling Wii's for 160 euro brand new at the moment. Can't see Galaxy 2 costing more than 45 euro when it's released, so save yourself 25 quid.
    Thank you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I was in Harvey Normans in Blanchardstown yesterday and picked up The Sabatour on XBOX 360 for €9.99.:)

There were bins with games for PS3, XBOX 360 & Wii.

Some other €9.99 titles I saw were (all 360 sorry);

Fable II GOTY Edition
    Guitar Hero 5
    Halo Wars
    Lego Rock Band
    Saints Row 2
    Street Fighter 4 (not Super)

There were others but them's the ones what caught me eye.
    I have Lego Rock Band, its a good laugh and a steal for €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I picked up Super Street Fighter IV new for €25 in Game on Dawson Street today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I picked up Super Street Fighter IV new for €25 in Game on Dawson Street today.
    Saw it in HMV today for less than €20. It even came with an iphone skin too. Special edition I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Saw it in HMV today for less than €20. It even came with an iphone skin too. Special edition I think.

Are your sure that was the 'Super' version because I was in HMV and didn't see it. They did have the regular SF IV for less than €20 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Are your sure that was the 'Super' version because I was in HMV and didn't see it. They did have the regular SF IV for less than €20 though.
    I'm 99.9% sure that it was Super Street Fighter 4 I saw. It definitely said with free street fighter iphone skin and had a cardboard sleeve too.
    Here's a pic of the possible iphone skins that Capcom were promoting as preorder bonuses.
    ssf4bonusf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭chanste

Couple of great games available on steam now pretty cheap

Batman Arkham Asylum €25
    Fallout 3 €25
    Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind €5
    Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion €8.50 ===> This is particularly great value IMO.

It's Oblivion GOTY edition too so it comes with all the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

chanste wrote: »
    Couple of great games available on steam now pretty cheap

Batman Arkham Asylum €25
    Fallout 3 €25
    Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind €5
    Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion €8.50 ===> This is particularly great value IMO.

No offence, chanste, but Arkham Asylum and Fallout 3 prices are pretty crap.

http://www.find-games.co.uk/10793-fallout-3.htm#B0017Y38H0

http://www.find-games.co.uk/13594-batman-arkham-asylum.htm#B001PO5NHU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭chanste

Fnz wrote: »

Fair nuff so. I'm prob used to seeing them at full price from steam itself. They are great games though and I still don't think the prices are that bad for GOTY versions.

The Elder scroll games are a steal at those prices though, I bought Oblivion for the PS3 years ago for a fortune.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement