Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Also, be aware that a lot of mods don't work with steam morrowind - and that's a lot of mods to miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Monotype wrote: »
    Also, be aware that a lot of mods don't work with steam morrowind - and that's a lot of mods to miss out on.

Damn. What about mods for steam version of oblivion?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fnz wrote: »

those two for pc look like to be in huge demand! i couldnt find fallout 3 with all dlc anywhere! so i ended up just getting some ms points and buying a few dlc i was interested in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Damn. What about mods for steam version of oblivion?

I think there's no problems with Oblivion because there was uproar over it.
    I've been doing some more reading on it, I think there's a fix out for the morrowind one, but there's conflicting info as to whether it works fully or not, so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

those two for pc look like to be in huge demand! i couldnt find fallout 3 with all dlc anywhere! so i ended up just getting some ms points and buying a few dlc i was interested in

It was on sale in GAME in Dublin at the weekend, was abouts €24.99. Was so tempted but managed to resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

chanste wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind €5

A steal for one of the great PC RPGs. Allegedly (don't quote me), most of the graphics enhancement mods work with the Steam version (such as Morrowind Graphics Extender.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

TF2 €10 on Steam

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

EA week on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ea_week

Crysis + Crysis: Warhead is €17.48 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Some clues to the upcoming EA games in the Steam sale:

http://www.atkcommunity.com/threads/2508-EA-Week-on-Steam

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

awesome, i may actually pick up C&C4, though i've heard its utter crap.
    Thanks for the link Oceanclub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

awesome, i may actually pick up C&C4, though i've heard its utter crap.
    Thanks for the link Oceanclub
    Be careful though. I probably wouldn't jump into buying some of these deals without doing some research. I just went into Amazon there and could find C&C4 on PC for £12.99. I doubt the currently-priced Steam version of €49.99 will be going lower than this. Look around and you could possibly get it cheaper. Steam is a rip-off most of the time, even when there are sales on. I'll be watching the sale like a hawk.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Conquer-Tiberian-Twilight-DVD/dp/B002CZQ4Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276556366&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oceanclub wrote: »
    A steal for one of the great PC RPGs. Allegedly (don't quote me), most of the graphics enhancement mods work with the Steam version (such as Morrowind Graphics Extender.

P.

Morrowind Graphics extender does work, but requires a bit of fiddling about (you need to use a third party app to change the dates of 3 files)
    Well worth getting for that price anyway!

Be careful though. I probably wouldn't jump into buying some of these deals without doing some research. I just went into Amazon there and could find C&C4 on PC for £12.99. I doubt the currently-priced Steam version of €49.99 will be going lower than this. Look around and you could possibly get it cheaper. Steam is a rip-off most of the time, even when there are sales on. I'll be watching the sale like a hawk.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Command-Conquer-Tiberian-Twilight-DVD/dp/B002CZQ4Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276556366&sr=8-1

yeah its still overpriced even with 30% off on steam :D wont be buying it from steam anyway

yeah its still overpriced even with 30% off on steam :D wont be buying it from steam anyway
    I bought BFBC2 off of Gamersgate at launch for a couple of euro more than Steam are offering now on 'special'. I've yet to see one game during this EA Steam sale that cannot be found for cheaper online of in stores. C&C4 is OVER twice as expensive as it is on Amazon. MADNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Shocking price for C&C 4, even the direct2drive version is only £19.99.
    I could be tempted by it as a long time C&C fan, despite the bad reviews.
    Amazon is £13.38 with Irish VAT and shipping is £6.03 unless you get your order above £25.
    I see they also have uncharted 2 for 14.89 hummmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

dloob wrote: »
    Shocking price for C&C 4, even the direct2drive version is only £19.99.
    I could be tempted by it as a long time C&C fan, despite the bad reviews.
    Amazon is £13.38 with Irish VAT and shipping is £6.03 unless you get your order above £25.
    I see they also have uncharted 2 for 14.89 hummmm.

Honestly, that game wouldn't even be worth a fiver.

Haven't been tempted by anything this week in the "sale" but hoping that Awakening will have a good price come Sunday.

Haven't been tempted by anything this week in the "sale" but hoping that Awakening will have a good price come Sunday.
    Not even tempted by Burnout Paradise? €3.75?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not even tempted by Burnout Paradise? €3.75?

I own the game twice and I'm still considering getting it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Bionic Commando PS3 €3.99 in HMV
    (originally posted by sk282)

I played it on the Xbox and thought it was good fun (Hard mode moreso than Normal IIRC), well worth €3.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Fridays EA steam sale is up.

Mirrors Edge 3.74
    Dead Space 9.99
    Spore 26.79
    Spore Creepy and Cute Pack 6.69
    Spore Galactic Adventures
    Spore 46.87

Wouldn't have minded spore if it was cheap but it isn't :(
    It can be had for £7.99 on Amazon

Also Direct2Drive UK have Condemned: Criminal Origins for £2.50
    Edit Condemned is also 2.50 euro on the eu site

• Advertisement

my brother bought it when it was released, got the disk off him today..the critics were right, you are right, its bollocks true and through. I played the first 3 or 4 missions, even the cutscene acting was atrocious. utter stinker of a game and shame on EA for destroying C&C.

am gonna buy DAO awakening either way on sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dead Space Extraction on the Wii for €14.99 in Argos and Smyths.

the original Mass Effect on steam for under 4 euro, not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

dloob wrote: »

Wouldn't have minded spore if it was cheap but it isn't :(

Save your cash. It's cack.

dragon age origins & awakening on steam, "on sale" lol
    the expansion isnt to badly priced, €22.49, but its dirt cheap on play.com @€;15.49

so.. wait 5 days for post or a few hours to download on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭romperstomper

been waiting to get DAO for ages, but 50 blips? still a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can buy both dragon age and awakening for around £26 on amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Deux Ex and sequel are €2.50 on Steam for next 24 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Deux Ex and sequel are €2.50 on Steam for next 24 hours

Just came here to post that!
    Got both games for £3:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheers for that one. The sequel got slated, but I loved it on the Xbox, time to give it another go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement