Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

calex71 wrote: »
    They are some shower of jokers alright. I was in the one on Henry St earlier, and saw a bunch of games 2 years or so old stickered with free when you trade in 2 games, or priced 49.99 and these were not A grade titles when they were released :eek:

Fine so, long may they continue to be this shower of jokers then! It's a bit of 'the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing'.

As Wilser stated, gamestop are offering a new release for the effective cost of €15; play this new release and trade it into Gamestop and it is possible to get up to €56 credit on a preorder (using their offer of 25% bonus on preorders). So that is two new releases for the total cost of €15 (Wilser did well, €18 was the best I could do:(). Damn good bargain! Work Gamestops deals correctly and excellent bargains can be got. This all against €50 for a two year old game:eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

I couldn't give a crap about how much Gamestop are going to sell my traded in games for. They were three games I haven't played in over a year and were just going to end up in a box in the attic with my PS1 and PS2 games. This way I get to recycle my junk and get a brand new, and pretty class, game for €3.

You can be as cynical as you like, but for me personally, it's super value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

moz wrote: »
    Is this Gamestop list online anywhere?

http://www.gamestop.ie/locale/statics/TradeIn600Titles.pdf

I'll have a look in xtravision and see if there's any copies of NHL2K7 lying around :D (not sure if that should be there, it's only on the ps3 list, not 360)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DJ Hero 2 - with the turn table controller is €34.99 on all formats in HMV
    Guitar hero Warriors Of Rock has been reduced too but I can't remember the price sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

wilser wrote: »
    It is great value when you can get 3 games on the list for €12 + €3 = Bargain....
    What, and where? :D

Oh, I DO love screwing Gamestop over :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It is great value when you can get 3 games on the list for €12 + €3 = Bargain....

which games? can you trade cross-platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Healium wrote: »
    What, and where? :D

Oh, I DO love screwing Gamestop over :D
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    which games? can you trade cross-platform?

Any 3 games on this list, doesn't matter what platform, and you can get homefront, crysis 2 or Tiger woods 12 for €3

There's also another list of 500 titles that you can get in-store (similar to the one above) that lets you get any new release until 20th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

calex71 wrote: »
    DJ Hero 2 - with the turn table controller is €34.99 on all formats in HMV
    Guitar hero Warriors Of Rock has been reduced too but I can't remember the price sorry.

69.99 seen it today :) also dj her 2 is 34.99 if your wanting the newer game with the controller btw controller is exactly the same ;)

ShaneU wrote: »

Any 3 games on this list, doesn't matter what platform, and you can get homefront, crysis 2 or Tiger woods 12 for €3

There's also another list of 500 titles that you can get in-store (similar to the one above) that lets you get any new release until 20th May.
    I know that, but I want to know which 3 games I can buy for €12 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

the way i got 3 for €12 was 2 pre owned ps3 games for €10 and a pre owned ds game for €2, all in xtravision,in fairness i had the gamestop list in my pocket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Wow that's great value, some of those games are really old at this stage and I deliberately haven't traded them thinking it wouldn't be worth my while.

Now I just need to decide whether to get Crysis 2 now or wait for Mortal Kombat...

the way i got 3 for €12 was 2 pre owned ps3 games for €10 and a pre owned ds game for €2, all in xtravision,in fairness i had the gamestop list in my pocket...
    Ooh, what were they? My local XV is small, so they probably won't have them in stock, but it's worth a shot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Isn't there a huge loophole in this? I mean, you can easily obtain 3 copies of, say, Overlord 2 (one of the games on that list) for about 20 euro, and then you can use those 3 copies to get a new game, and voila! Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Isn't there a huge loophole in this? I mean, you can easily obtain 3 copies of, say, Overlord 2 (one of the games on that list) for about 20 euro, and then you can use those 3 copies to get a new game, and voila! Or am I missing something?

cant be three of the same title. Says so in the small print. But you can get three of the older titles for as little as say 15euro by shopping around and then trade towards one of the advertised new releases.

Gamestop will not accept 3 copies of the one game trust me I know lol

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

I would love to take advantage of this offer however every time I click into the pdf it tells me there that the file is damaged and it won't load.

Anyone else having this problem??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Working fine here. Maybe try reinstalling adobe reader.

Working fine here. Maybe try reinstalling adobe reader.

<Thanks but I tried already, still have the same problem :(.>

Got it working on chrome, firefox just didn't feel like working today I guess :P.

What are the current new releases that can be gotten?

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    What are the current new releases that can be gotten?
    unsure i think its tiger 12 could be wrong though!!

• Advertisement

cant find any reference to what games you can get on gamestop website so maybe its all new releases??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

cant find any reference to what games you can get on gamestop website so maybe its all new releases??
    Yeah the flyer I have says 'All new releases from 1st March to 20th May 2011 are €3 when you trade in 3 games from the list'.

Fallout 3 and LittleBigPlanet are on the list, hmm...

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yeah the flyer I have says 'All new releases from 1st March to 20th May 2011 are €3 when you trade in 3 games from the list'.

Fallout 3 and LittleBigPlanet are on the list, hmm...
    yeah im looking at darksiders dantes inferno and cant see myself having time to get into them tbh

Fable 3 collectors edition and halo reach collectors edition both 21.95 delivered from zavvi.com on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Ive got 3 games for the gamestop deal, think ill w8 for L.A Noire to be released, itll be the last day of the deal, 20th of May

tonydude wrote: »
    Ive got 3 games for the gamestop deal, think ill w8 for L.A Noire to be released, itll be the last day of the deal, 20th of May
    u sure its not 21st that game is out?

20th according to eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

u sure its not 21st that game is out?

its the official release date plus the 21st is a Saturday

think someone made ref to it not qualifying due to end of offer im obviously wrong though sorry guys.

• Advertisement

I could see them somehow excluding it one way or the other because it's a game that's likely to clean up for them either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement