Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I bought monkeyballs from coolshop for 21 euro~ and traded it in at xtravision for 28 euro credit(got shadow wars pre-owned but it was brand new with club nintendo points and all for 25 and some salsa with the 3 euro left over).
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/65899-super-monkey-ball--for-3ds

Might be worth it for some people.
    Also it gets you 35 credit at gamestop if that's more your bag.

These are 3DS games btw.
    Worth it for the salsa alone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

Worth it for the salsa alone lol

fatcheese tracks 90cent too, which gets you some doritos to dip.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260780036 :p

fatcheese tracks 90cent too, which gets you some doritos to dip.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260780036 :p
    lol i love it can we merge this thread with grocery bargains too??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

some good bargains on xbox live today, braid, perfect dark, duke nukem, the writer for alan wake, etc
    picked up perfect dark and braid for 400 points apiece.

another sale on friday too, looks like some decent titles, may pick up monday night combat or shadow complex if the price is right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are going for a fiver each on Steam today.

• Advertisement

markf1982 wrote: »
    some good bargains on xbox live today, braid, perfect dark, duke nukem, the writer for alan wake, etc
    picked up perfect dark and braid for 400 points apiece.

another sale on friday too, looks like some decent titles, may pick up monday night combat or shadow complex if the price is right:D
    definately get shadow complex its too good for an xbla game trust me....

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are going for a fiver each on Steam today.
    nobody can argue with a fiver each for these games first class imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Mass Effect 2 is €9 (or 9.99 can't remember) in HMV. saw it earlier in Galway. still had a few copies left there.

tekken 6 wireless fightstick and game artbook etc sets are beginning to become hard to find in gamestops but still remain at 39.99 instore new:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

600 points each. I'd skip on MNC, if I were you. It's a dying game, getting the Team Fortress 2 console update treatment, and the people that are still playing will do their best to use every glitch, exploit and over-powered technique. It's not fun to play on Xbox anymore.

Much better on PC, though. If you want it badly, go for the Steam version :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

nobody can argue with a fiver each for these games first class imo

Does anyone really need to play the sequel? Is protecting a NPC from attacking enemies ever enjoyable?

I'd only get it to play the Minerva's Den DLC, which is meant to be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

Looks like shadow complex is the way to go so,, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Just had to pick up Toy Soldiers.

To relive my childhood is well worth 800 points :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

tekken 6 wireless fightstick and game artbook etc sets are beginning to become hard to find in gamestops but still remain at 39.99 instore new:)

As an aside, I've played on this stick, and it's pretty flimsy to say the least. I also wouldn't trust wireless for one frame links. I'm sure it's fine for a first time stick, but for anyone who thinks it's anymore than an introductory stick, you're fooling yourself.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    As an aside, I've played on this stick, and it's pretty flimsy to say the least. I also wouldn't trust wireless for one frame links. I'm sure it's fine for a first time stick, but for anyone who thinks it's anymore than an introductory stick, you're fooling yourself.
    agreed but as a first stick im sure u agree its good value?

i just received my TE2 AFTER HAVING A TE 1 for past year and they are so good but expensive kids lol

Looks like shadow complex is the way to go so,, thanks
    it really is the way to go its a fabulous game trust me get it while its cheap but even when its not on offer its well worth the ms points imho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Borderland is the pick of the 2K Steam sale today with the vanilla game available for 4.99 and the GOTY edition 12.50.

For those who have the orignal on steam already the complete DLC pack is also available for 5.99.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

agreed but as a first stick im sure u agree its good value?

i just received my TE2 AFTER HAVING A TE 1 for past year and they are so good but expensive kids lol

Yeah, I agree, they're fine for testing the 'ol stick water. My first stick was a Madcatz SE, it was €70 and it was perfect really, great build easily modded and durable. Well sort of. It's in pieces now :P Currently on the Super TE stick, it's everything you could want.

prod_464.jpg

/finished being wildly off topic.

If you're looking for a wired Hori, the EX 2 is probably worth the money, although I'm not a fan of the stick itself.

1417-550x-hori%20fighting%20stick%20ex2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Picked up Red Dead Redemption on Xbox 360 today from amazon for €25 delivered.

I realised alot of people were saying how this game holds a high price in retail stores, noticed myself after buying a new Xbox it still commands a €50 price tag, so at this price I didn't think a second to buy it.

Amazon also have the Orange box for €15 shipped.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree, they're fine for testing the 'ol stick water. My first stick was a Madcatz SE, it was €70 and it was perfect really, great build easily modded and durable. Well sort of. It's in pieces now :P Currently on the Super TE stick, it's everything you could want.

prod_464.jpg

/finished being wildly off topic.

If you're looking for a wired Hori, the EX 2 is probably worth the money, although I'm not a fan of the stick itself.

1417-550x-hori%20fighting%20stick%20ex2.jpg
    Whats the diff between super te and standard te or te 2? I have both te and te2 thinking of modding one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

TheDoc wrote: »
    Picked up Red Dead Redemption on Xbox 360 today from amazon for €25 delivered.

I realised alot of people were saying how this game holds a high price in retail stores, noticed myself after buying a new Xbox it still commands a €50 price tag, so at this price I didn't think a second to buy it.

Amazon also have the Orange box for €15 shipped.
    Zavvi currently have Red Dead Redemption for €21 euro delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thought I should add a worst deal off the week for lulz, if you buy Halo:Reach from xbox games on demand, it will only cost €69.99 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Redlion wrote: »
    Zavvi currently have Red Dead Redemption for €21 euro delivered

It's about the same on Amazon, but you'd have to bump your order up to £25 to make use of free shipping (I'm guessing TheDoc didn't)

Loads of decent games for a tenner on Amazon if you're struggling to find something to bump the value of an order up with...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Red Dead Redemption on PS3 is €17.99 delivered on Game. ;)

http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Adventure/Adventure/~r341920/Red-Dead-Redemption/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Alan Wake looks cheap on that too, that instore as well? might pop in over the weekend

krudler wrote: »
    Alan Wake looks cheap on that too, that instore as well? might pop in over the weekend

Alan wake is a very cool game very atmospheric

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

marco_polo wrote: »
    Borderland is the pick of the 2K Steam sale today with the vanilla game available for 4.99 and the GOTY edition 12.50.

For those who have the orignal on steam already the complete DLC pack is also available for 5.99.

Math:
    GOTY is 2 euro more exspensivererer than game+dlc4pack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Math:
    GOTY is 2 euro more exspensivererer than game+dlc4pack
    Madness. Happened plenty of time before. And sure to happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Mass Effect 2 (PS3) is 21pounds on Amazon. I ordered it and Red dead for a total of 47euro (with free shipping)

• Advertisement

Mortal combat is 37.95 on play.com to pre order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement