Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

is it just me or are gamestop starting to rightly act the maggot with their offers of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

kendragon wrote: »
    is it just me or are gamestop starting to rightly act the maggot with their offers of late?

Considering you can pick up a good few of the games on the (original) list for about 8 quid or less I'm not surprised they've realised what they've done and are now hurriedly altering it. Between that and the woeful trade in prices they usually offer this offer almost seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

padair wrote: »
    Folks,
    What is the story with gamestop. I got the 600 gameslist with the expiry date of the 3rd of May. I found one of the games for €6. I went in yesterday to have a look and there is now a new list with an expiry date of the 26th of May and my game is no longer on it :-(

Should I head in anyway with the old list?

The original list was valid against Tiger Woods 12 or Crysis 2. The new list of 500 games has drastically altered but is valid against any new releases including Tiger 12 and Crysis 2. A friend of mine went in with older games from the first list and was refused a trade in for Tiger 12 saying the games had changed. It is up to managers discretion though so arriving with list in hand may get you a better response. My friend did not have the list to hand when he went in.

There are still some crazy games though - for example splinter cell can be bought for €2.00 when you trade in any game. Use your old game to buy splinter cell and then you get the deal for €5.00 instead of €3.00

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Folks,
    What is the story with gamestop. I got the 600 gameslist with the expiry date of the 3rd of May. I found one of the games for €6. I went in yesterday to have a look and there is now a new list with an expiry date of the 26th of May and my game is no longer on it :-(

Should I head in anyway with the old list?

Is the new list up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

my advice is ring the store ahead and find out what games they can take at that minute so say u have 4 games ring and double check as it might save you a trip!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

The original list was valid against Tiger Woods 12 or Crysis 2. The new list of 500 games has drastically altered but is valid against any new releases including Tiger 12 and Crysis 2. A friend of mine went in with older games from the first list and was refused a trade in for Tiger 12 saying the games had changed. It is up to managers discretion though so arriving with list in hand may get you a better response. My friend did not have the list to hand when he went in.

There are still some crazy games though - for example splinter cell can be bought for €2.00 when you trade in any game. Use your old game to buy splinter cell and then you get the deal for €5.00 instead of €3.00

AH, good idea. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is the new list up online?

I dont know the link as I have no access to GAmestop at work. I got a hardcopy of the list from the store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I dont know the link as I have no access to GAmestop at work. I got a hardcopy of the list from the store

you likely have a scanner in the office though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Picture with your phone camera, scanners are for old people!

Drakar wrote: »

Did I give my age away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

absolutely livid I missed the collectors edition Fable 3 for €21. Anyone who got it and doesnt want it I'll take it off your hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,835 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

From Gamestop Ireland on Facebook:

We are opening our new store in Millfield Balbriggan tomorrow - the first five customers into our brand new store will get the opportunity to buy a PS3 120GB Slim for half price - €149.99*(including FREE Socom Special Forces). We also have a free bottle of Mountain Dew Energy Drink with every purchase this weekend in Millfield while stocks last!

maximoose wrote: »
    absolutely livid I missed the collectors edition Fable 3 for €21. Anyone who got it and doesnt want it I'll take it off your hands :)

I have one but I've used the codes for the extra content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Drakar wrote: »
    Speaking of which!
    Gamestop are also giving away something small when you scan the QR code from the €3 trade-in sheet/leaflet and show the resulting page at the counter in every Gamestop shop.
    http://twitter.com/#!/GameStopIreland/status/60750415817474049

Have no idea what you get when you do show it to them though. Probably just a neck/lanyard thing like the free thing that came in the lucky bag a while back. Who knows.

How's that for modern technology, Calex :pac:

machalla posted this over in the bargain alerts section.

Dragon Age 2 (PC) is €23 in HMV (Henry St). Great price for a brick and mortar store.

But it can be gotten for a superbly cheap price online for the grand total of €12.49 delivered.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/18172105/Dragon-Age-2/Product.html

Dragon Age 2 (PC) is €23 in HMV (Henry St). Great price for a brick and mortar store.

But it can be gotten for a superbly cheap price online for the grand total of €12.49 delivered.

Don't forget the code in the box can be used for free copy of mass effect 2 but the offer will expire on April 30th http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer/

calex71 wrote: »
    Don't forget the code in the box can be used for free copy of mass effect 2 but the offer will expire on April 30th http://dragonage.bioware.com/me2offer/
    i.e. order it today and it MIGHT get to you before April 30th!:pac:

got new mortal kombat game on play for 35 delivered ;)

oh yeah and portal 2 for 38 delivered on amazon.co.uk also it was amazon that i got mk from not play sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Picked up Portal 2 on xbox as part of Gamestops three games and 3 euro deal. Savage value.

• Advertisement

kendragon wrote: »
    Picked up Portal 2 on xbox as part of Gamestops three games and 3 euro deal. Savage value.
    really great value in that deal but remember that game is 34 on amazon.co.uk delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭An Cuinneach

really great value in that deal but remember that game is 34 on amazon.co.uk delivered

Picked up Mortal Kombat this morning with that deal too. Great for people who are completely broke. Also got a cool free poster!

Went into gamestop this morning for portal 2, one of my games didnt qualify on the new list of trade 3 :mad:

The 3 I had scanned at €33, thank fook I passed Game on the way to game stop and saw that one of the games I had was being taken on trade for €30 on the sign in the window, Portal ended up costing 5 in Game :D

Moral of the story if the 3 games don't work in Gamestop, don't be too lazy to check the trade in value on them else where. Great deal if you have the games for the offer though, there are still a fair few on the new list that you could assemble for trade in for a lot less than the cost of a new release :pac:

Edit : added photos of the list of games on the gamestop offer taken with my non-i-phone :p sorry about poor quality. Maybe save to your computer so you can zoom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The 3 games I traded in were only worth €15, then I said I wanted the €3 deal :D I'll trade in the PS3 copy and keep my PC version when I complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Calex71 wrote:
    Edit : added photos of the list of games on the gamestop offer taken with my non-i-phone :p sorry about poor quality. Maybe save to your computer so you can zoom in.

Thanks, Calex!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

12 eu already? Fecking hell..... How did it droped in price so fast?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'll trade in the PS3 copy and keep my PC version when I complete it.

Either they won't accept the PS3 version of Portal 2 as trade-in, or you'll be screwing over the store/end user as the serial key will have already been used.

Not cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Has anyone, successfully, mixed and matched games from different platforms to avail of the €3 Gamestop deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fnz wrote: »
    Has anyone, successfully, mixed and matched games from different platforms to avail of the €3 Gamestop deal?

You can do that, it says it on the sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Fnz wrote: »

Yes, I traded 2 Xbox 360 titles and 1 PS3 for a PS3 game. No probs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement